Event Date/Time: May 19, 2008
End Date/Time: May 20, 2008
Abstract Submission Date:
Dec 17, 2007
* Gain insights from top experts from around the country!
* Discover successful strategies, interventions, and initiatives.
* Learn the latest facts and statistics, and about helpful resources.
* Exchange ideas with professionals who share your goals.
Who Should Attend
* Social service providers
* Health care professionals
* School Nurses
* School administrators
* Any professional committed to reducing the number of teen pregnancies and helping young women and men build successful lives
Following the conference, participants should be able to:
* list three advantages of using science-based approaches to teen pregnancy prevention
* name two strategies for building public support to implement comprehensive sex education.
* name two strategies for mobilizing parents to advocate for improved school sex education programs.
* name three characteristics of effective teen pregnancy prevention programs
* incorporate new information, resources, skills, and educational approaches into their work with adolescents
* discuss techniques for effectively advocating policies that promote adolescent sexual health
* name three programs that have been found to be effective in reducing risky sexual behavior among adolescents