16th UKPHA Annual Public Health Forum
|Event Date/Time: Apr 01, 2008||End Date/Time: Apr 02, 2008|
The Forum offers a unique opportunity to learn from leading edge innovations in all parts of the UK, the Republic of Ireland and abroad, as well as showcase initiatives from Liverpool. These will all relate to the key conference themes:
– the health and wealth gaps are widening; what can we do?
· Evidence for successfully tackling health gaps
· Working with disadvantaged groups
· Community workforces - will they deliver?
· Health Equity Audits
– the social, economic and environmental must-dos
· Creating and maintaining healthy neighbourhoods
· Partnerships - breaking down barriers
· New ways of working to create well-being
– fighting for health
· Nanny state vs public good –legislation or persuasion
· The spectrum of choice – who chooses; who loses?
· Social marketing – using commercial tricks
· Balancing rights – values and ethics
And these locally decided issues:
· Public health economics - answering Wanless
· Local economics and governmental interventions
· Long-term conditions - maximising health and minimising health
· Health Protection - the 21st century challenge
· Environmental determinants - the impacts of the world around us
· Keeping us safe - outbreaks, epidemics and terrorism