the 2nd Edition of the International Conference on Education, Research and Innovation. Policies and
|Event Date/Time: May 30, 2008||End Date/Time: May 31, 2008|
|Abstract Submission Date: Feb 17, 2008|
|Paper Submission Date: Apr 14, 2008|
Education, research and innovation have emerged in recent years as critical topics and have been placed at the heart of the globalization debate. The relationship between having an innovative edge and being competitive on the global scene is complex and a direct causal relationship is hard to establish. However, strong links exists between patterns of economic development and perfomance in the field of education, innovation, R&D. The context created by globalization forces the re-conceptualization of the drivers of knowledge creation, combining both hard and soft knowledge factors.
In this context, the 2nd Edition of the International Conference on Education, Research and Innovation. Policies and Strategies in the Age of Globalization aims at providing an international forum for the presentation of new research results and problems related to these topics. All scholars, researchers, policy makers and advisers with an interest in these explosive fields are invited to exchange ideas and approaches. Their contributions can be in the form of:
- theoretical presentation adding new insights to the debate in the literature;
- original empirical research;
- case studies.
Potential paper topics might include, but are not limited to, subjects such as:
- Research and technological development policies
- Knowledge and innovation – the contemporary drivers of competitiveness
- Patterns of economic development and R&D performance
- The European research area
- R&D policies in the European Union. EU financial support for Research and Development
- Crisis and negotiation in a Globalized World
- Social and political problems after the Lisbon Treaty
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Innovation in the business sector. The role of Small and Medium Enterprises
- Innovation, research and education: the magic triangle of contemporary development
- New models of education management in the context of globalization
- University – government – industry collaborations. Best practice examples
- Education and the emergence of the knowledge society
- Education and the new media
- Learning and knowledge management
- Culture, social interaction and diversity management in innovation
- Projects and innovation management
- Project management as a macroeconomic approach
- Management of R&D projects
- Globalization and communication; mass media as the drivers of globalization
- Globalization and governance
- Globalization and innovation, globalization of innovation
- February 17, 2008: abstract submission;
- February 24, 2008: abstract acceptance;
- April 14, 2008: full paper submission;
- April 28, 2008: full paper acceptance.
The abstracts (max. 200 words followed by 3-5 keywords) will be submitted for review in electronic MS Word format. Please provide the full names, affiliations, mailing addresses, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses of all authors, indicating the contact author. There will be accepted only one paper for each participant as a first author. Abstracts will be submitted online to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The accepted papers will be published in the conference volume and the authors will receive confirmation via email.
Guidelines for paper submission will be available on the conference website.
Conference fee is 100 euro/participant and it includes: conference papers volume, conference program and conference banquet.
Information and contacts