|Event Date/Time: May 27, 2008||End Date/Time: May 28, 2008|
Main Conference: May 27-28, Singapore
Pre & Post-Conference Workshop: May 26 & 29
Asia’s strong economic growth, rapid development and its ever increasing role in global trade has created huge demand for shipping transport in the region. This boom has resulted in the increase of global marine transport which has put pressure on shipping companies to order more vessels and revive the older ones. The Asia-US container traffic grew to 6.9 per cent in the first half of 2007, a rise of over 8 percent compared to the same period in 2006. Analysts predict, on average, similar or higher cargo growth for 2008.
Singapore’s port remains the world’s busiest in 2007 in terms of shipping tonnage, cargo container throughput and bunker volume since 1986. While Singapore remains the Asian shipping hub with tremendous government support and incentives, there are a number of issues that the Asian marine industry needs to be addressed.
Shipping Finance Asia 2008 comes at a timely junction to address these concerns and challenges that need to be overcome. Some of the issues the conference will focus on are:
- The sustainability of the Asian growth, the global economy slowdown and its impact on the shipping industry
- Innovative financing structures like private equity, hedge funds, Islamic finance, derivatives and equities for shipping finance
- Popularity of the emergence of shipping trusts and KG ship finance structure in Singapore
- High commodity prices, dealing with foreign currency risk and the complexity of the regulatory and tax structure in developing countries of Asia
- Discovering emerging markets like Vietnam, Indonesia and understanding the ship-owner’s perspective on shipping finance
This conference is the right place to network with:
- Major ship-owners, shipping agencies, operators
- Shipping funds, banks, financiers and other finance houses
- Lawyers, advisors and consultants
Please check our website www.shipping-finance.com for any further details and updates on the conference or call +65 6722 9388