School on Algebraic Topics of Automata (SATA2008)
|Event Date/Time: Sep 01, 2008||End Date/Time: Sep 12, 2008|
|Registration Date: Jul 15, 2008|
|Early Registration Date: Mar 31, 2008|
School on Algebraic Topics of Automata
September 1-12, 2008
Centro de Álgebra da Universidade de Lisboa
This School aims to present to the scientific communities, in particular to post-graduate students, various topics on Algebraic Theory of Automata, delivered as Courses, Advanced Seminars and Student’s Seminars. It is sponsored by the Project Automata: from Mathematics to Applications (AutoMathA) of the European Science Foundation (ESF) and it is organized within the activities of Centro de Álgebra da Universidade de Lisboa (CAUL) and Centro de Matemática da Universidade do Porto (CMUP).
The school will be held at the Complexo Interdisciplinar da Universidade de Lisboa, Av. Prof. Gama Pinto 2, in Lisbon, Portugal.
The Programme includes eight Courses on various aspects of Algebraic Theory of Automata, plus an Advanced Seminar on mainstream topics and a Student’s Seminar on their research work.
- Eight Courses (4 courses peer week, 5 hours each)
- Advanced Seminar (1 hour per day)
- Student’s Seminar (1 hour per day)
- Mikolaj Bojanczyk (University of Warsaw, Poland)
- Zoltán Ésik (University of Szeged, Hungary)
- Daniel Kirsten (University of Leipzig, Germany)
- Michal Kunc (Masaryk University, Czech Republic)
- Jean-Éric Pin (University Paris 7 and CNRS, France)
- Pedro Silva (University of Porto, CMUP, Portugal)
- Pascal Tesson (University of Laval, Canada)
- Mário J.J. Branco (Universidade de Lisboa, CAUL)
- Manuel Delgado (Universidade do Porto, CMUP)
- Vítor Hugo Fernandes (Universidade Nova de Lisboa, CAUL)
- Gracinda M.S.Gomes (Universidade de Lisboa, CAUL)
- António Malheiro (Universidade Nova de Lisboa, CAUL)
- Jorge Almeida (University of Porto, CMUP, Portugal)
- Olivier Carton (University Paris VII, France)
- Antonio Restivo (UNIPA, Italy)
- Mikhail Volkov (Ural State University, Russia)
- Thomas Wilke (University of Kiel, Germany)
If you wish to participate in the School on Algebraic Topics of Automata, please fill up the registration form (see below) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For logistic reasons, the number of participants is limited, so please do register as soon as possible.
The registration fee (it includes a Saturday trip) is:
- 120 euros, until 31st March 2008;
- 150 euros, after 1st April 2008.
The payment must be made by:
- Cheque written to: Centro de Álgebra da Universidade de Lisboa
- Bank Transfer
Bank: Millennium BCP
Payee: CAUL - FUL
Address: Av. Prof. Gama Pinto 2, 1649-003 Lisboa, Portugal
IBAN: PT50 0033 0000 0001 5662 4765 9
NIB: 0033 0000 0001 5662 4765 9
For payments by bank transfer a copy of the bank draft must be sent to Patrícia Paraíba, to the fax number 00 351 217954288, identifying clearly the name of the participant.
A limited number of scholarships for postgraduate students are available. Applications will be accepted until 31st March 2008.
We recommend to everyone coming from abroad flying to Lisbon's airport.
Below we list the hotels that we plan to use. They are located within a 5-30 minute walk from the conference site. The prices indicated include breakfast and only apply when the reservation is made by the Organization.
If you wish to have the accommodation booked by the Organizing Committee, part or the total amount must be payed in advance:
- if you wish to stay at Residência Colégio Pio XII you must send us your request until March 31 and the full amount;
- if you wish to stay at an hotel, you must send us your request by July 15 and the value correspondant to 3 nights.
RESIDÊNCIA COLÉGIO PIO XII
(It can only be booked through the Organizing Committee and there is a limited number of rooms)
Av. Forças Armadas, 1600-083 Lisboa
Prices: Single = 18 Euros
RESIDÊNCIA IMPERADOR ****
Av. 5 de Outubro, 55, 1050-048 Lisboa
Tel. 213 524 884 / fax. 213 526 537
Hotel prices: Single = 45 Euros; Double = 55 Euros
HOTEL ZURIQUE ***
Rua Ivone Silva 18, 1050-124 Lisboa
Tel. 217 814 000 / Fax. 217 937 290
Hotel prices: Single = 68 Euros; Double = 75 Euros
HOTEL METROPOLITAN ****
Rua Soeiro Pereira Gomes, Parcela 2, 1600-198 Lisboa
Tel. 217 982 501 / Fax. 217 950 864
Hotel prices: Single = 67 Euros; Double = 77 Euros
HOTEL MARQUÊS DE SÁ ***
Av. Miguel Bombarda, 130, 1050-167 Lisboa
Tel. 217 911 014 / Fax. 217 936 986
Hotel prices: Single = 56 Euros; Double = 64 Euros
HOTEL VILLA RICA ****
Av. 5 de Outubro, 301-319, 1600-035 Lisboa
Tel. 210 043 000 / Fax. 210 043 499
Hotel prices: Single: 84 Euros; Double: 96 Euros
Registration and accommodation form
(To be sent by email to: email@example.com):
Address for correspondence:
Do you wish to give a seminar? Yes/No
If yes, please send us the title and the abstract:
Type of Accommodation (Single/Double):
Patrícia Paraíba (Secretarial Staff)
CAUL, Av. Prof. Gama Pinto 2, 1649-003 Lisbon, Portugal
Tel: +351 217 904 739 Fax: +351 217 954 288 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org