The Science and Clinical Application of Integrative Holistic Medicine
Venue: Paradise Point Resort
|Event Date/Time: Nov 16, 2008||End Date/Time: Nov 22, 2008|
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the role of the mind, emotions and spirituality on healing.
- Describe a wide-range of safe and practical complementary treatments such as acupuncture, healing touch, nutrition, exercise and yoga and how they are used as part of an integrative approach to treat and prevent chronic illness.
- Evaluate and implement best practices for evidence-based healing methods.
- Demonstrate a capability to treat the whole person, mind-body-spirit.
- Assess the importance of regular renewal and self-care for the health care provider.
- Demonstrate the importance of a physician/patient partnership in providing quality health care.
- Establish a network of like-minded practitioners from various sectors.
Exam participants (M.D. and D.O. only) who complete this course should be able to:
- Demonstrate competencies in integrative medicine theory and practice that will help in successfully passing the ABIHM board certification exam.
Who Should Attend?
This educational conference is for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists, nurse midwives, doctors of osteopathic medicine and other health professionals who are seeking to expand their clinical competencies to include a mind-body-spirit approach to healing.