European Directory Marketplace 2008: Search in the Mobile Era (EDM08)
|Event Date/Time: Jun 09, 2008||End Date/Time: Jun 09, 2008|
|Registration Date: Jun 09, 2008|
|Early Registration Date: Jun 06, 2008|
* Research in Motion (RIM): up 141.6 %
* Apple (APPL): up 71.0 %
* Nokia (NOK): up 21.0 %
* Google (GOOG): -4.9% (GOOG rose sharply after hours on earnings above forecast.)
This is a period of tremendous change and opportunity, as illustrated by a few items:
* Vodafone CEO Arun Sarin called recently for wireless operators to become the primary means of accessing information without becoming simple bit pipes;
* Google has a multi-pronged effort, including Android, new open access spectrum rules, to open information access through mobile phones;
* Last year, Bill Gates said that in five years, no one under 50 will use yellow pages: that's one down, four to go.
Whether Sarinâ€™s call will be answered or Gatesâ€™ forecast will come true, we think a new directory and search ecosystem is rapidly evolving and it is critical that participants understand this ecosystem in order to thrive in this transformation. We see five key components in this ecosystem and a number of key questions that EDM08 will address:
* Information Service Providers: whoâ€”search engines, Yellow Pages, Directory Enquiry providers, or othersâ€”will be the information service providers of the future, what will they be delivering, how will they be delivering?
* Advertising: what role will advertising play?
* Operators: what role will operators play and how will they work with other participants?
* Technology: what technologies will have the greatest impact on information service?
* Content: what content will be in demand, and how can you deliver it?
EDM08: Search in the Mobile Era will bring together leaders from each of these five key components.
In addition, recognizing the importance of innovation in this space, we will have an Innovation Showcase in which firms with innovative products and services will make presentations to which leading investors will be invited to respond.
* Registration https://www.whitaker.com/secure/registrationEDM08.htm
* Agenda http://whitaker.com/conferences/EDM08/agenda.htm
* Speakers http://whitaker.com/conferences/EDM08/speakers.htm
* Advisory Board http://whitaker.com/conferences/EDM08/board.htm
* Questions? mailto:info@EuropeanDirectoryMarketplace.com?subject=Questions
This will be our eighth conference, our fifth in London, though different from any before. We have had delegates from over thirty-two countries and over 200 organizations. Sponsors have included mobilePeople, Call Genie, Local Matters, btslogic, Market Location, LSSi, Soleo Communications, VoltDelta, ISx, varetis, INFONXX, BT Wholesale, Phonetic Systems, Nuance, ScanSoft, Fujitsu, Philips, Conduit, IBM, Nortel Networks, and telegate.