VSAT FIELD ENGINEERING. (VSAT2008.)
Venue: eDEVELOPMENT HOUSE.
|Event Date/Time: Jun 18, 2008||End Date/Time: Jun 20, 2008|
|Registration Date: Jun 15, 2008|
African eDevelopment Resource Center (AeRC) in collaboration with COMSATPRO (Communications Satellite Projects) of South Africa would like to invite delegates to a 3 day Intensive VSAT Training course to be held on the 18-20 June 2008 in Nairobi, Kenya.
AeRC is a not-for-profit organization championing ICT for capacity development initiatives in the region through knowledge sharing and skills development programmes. COMSATPRO is a South African based company that specializes in the supply of Internet, Data and VolP services including installation and maintenance of satellite systems and procurement of bandwidth and equipment.
The Course will offer both theoretical and practical skills transfer as applicable to DVB/TDMA VSAT field engineers, support engineers and operational managers.
This course is designed for people who:
1. Need to gain knowledge of the satellite industry. These are decision makers and buyers.
2. Want to know more about satellites. Any one that want to understand the basics of satellite communication.
3. Want to install VSAT systems. Engineers and installers needing practical experience on installing and commissioning VSAT equipment.
The course will cover the following areas:
1. Why we use Satellites. Reasons why satellite is used opposed to fiber, cable or microwave.
2. How does Satellites work? Detailed explanation of a satellite from design to operational.
3. VSAT Network Design. Components that make up a VSAT network.
4. Link Budget. Explanation of why we need link budgets and how to understand a link budget
5. VSAT Services. Discuss the different types of services and the benefits of the types of services.
6. Practical Theory. Understand the process from applying to commissioning of a VSAT site
7. Demonstration of a dish built and alignment
8. Practical by Students
To conduct the course will be Mr Stadler Brits, a Global VSAT Forum (GVF) qualified instructor/ trainer and the Managing Director of COMSATPRO. Mr Brits has over 17 years experience in Radio Frequency (RF) with a career that commenced in the South Africa Air Force. He has been in the African Market for almost 8 years and worked in numerous countries in Africa doing sales, installation and engineering design. He has attended most satellite equipment vendor courses and most of the satellite engineering courses available in the industry.
We look forward to be of service to you should you need more information and to register for this event. The registration fee for this course Ksh 40,000 (US$ 650) and includes the Course handbook and CD, administrative costs, Certificate issued on successful completion and meals and refreshments during the course. Due to the practical nature of the course, we have limited spaces available and they will be offered on a firs-come-first-served basis.
Attached, please find the course outline and the registration form for your use.
African eDevelopment Resource Centre.
E-Development House, 604 Limuru Road, Old Muthaiga
P.O. Box 49475 00100
Cell +254 721 749239.
Land +254 20 3741646, 3741647
May & June 2008 Capacity Building Opportunities
Records Management 20-22 May (Uganda)
eMarketing: 20-23 May (Kenya)
ERP Course: 3-6 June (Kenya)
VSAT Field Engineering Course 18-20 June (Kenya)
Supply Chain Management: 24-27 June (Kenya)
Fiber Optics: 1-4 July (Kenya)
Book Now, Limited spaces available