Creativity and Entrepreneurship: Imperatives for Sustainable Global and Knowledge Based Economy (8th IEF Interntional)
|Event Date/Time: Dec 17, 2008||End Date/Time: Dec 19, 2008|
|Registration Date: Oct 31, 2008|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 30, 2008|
|Abstract Submission Date: Aug 31, 2008|
|Paper Submission Date: Nov 07, 2008|
Creativity and Entrepreneurship: Imperatives for Sustainable Global and Knowledge Based Economy
17-19 December, 2008
The 8th IEF conference on the theme â€œCreativity and Entrepreneurship: Imperatives for Sustainable Global and Knowledge Based Economyâ€ is being held at the Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA), India from December 17-19, 2008. The conference is organized by MICA in collaboration with the School of Entrepreneurship and Business, University of Essex, UK, and the OECD, LEED Programme at Paris, France.
The conference theme covers a myriad of issues that are preoccupying the minds of entrepreneurs, policy makers, and researchers for sometime, all round the world. The multiple manifestations of creativity in the development of new products, the generation of new services, better forms of communication, the development of networks, and the innovative use of technologies, allow for the unexpected confluence of ideas, resources, and different types of business activities. Crucially, the evolution of a global community of thinkers and practitioners who can identify new opportunities for sustainable social and economic change out of the creative tensions of technologies, people and other resources, are all of significant value to citizens, consumers, producers and institutions.
The conference aims to provide a platform for researchers, policy makers and practitioners in recognition of the increasing flows of ideas, resources and knowledge between businesses, institutions and policy makers.
To help unravel the variety of issues connected to the main theme of the conference, this call for papers welcomes contributions covering any of the following or related topics:
Theme 1: People in Creativity and Entrepreneurial Pursuits
â€¢ Creative Achievers: Individuals and Teams (Artists, Entrepreneurs, Change Makers, Technocrats, Scientists, and Leaders)
â€¢ Networking and Creative Individuals
â€¢ New Trends and Impact on Business and Society
Theme 2: Organizational Practices in Managing Creativity and Entrepreneurship (People, Values, and Process) â€“ Corporate Entrepreneurship
â€¢ Management of Creativity and Entrepreneurship in Organisations
â€¢ Innovative Organisational Structure and Management Processes
â€¢ Creative Policies for People Management and Leadership
Theme 3: Innovations and Creative Opportunities in Business and Industry
â€¢ Innovative Start Ups Processes Management
â€¢ New Ventures Creation Opportunities
â€¢ New Business Format
Theme 4: Innovative Strategies for Dealing with Socio-Economic, Political and Cultural Issues
â€¢ Economic Growth and Social Development
â€¢ Social Cohesion
â€¢ Creativity, Technology, Knowledge and Identity
â€¢ Corruption and Social Chaos
â€¢ Politics and International Relations
Theme 5: Creative and Innovative Policies and Development Strategies
â€¢ Development Programmes â€“ for Enhancing Creative Output and Economic Opportunity Creation
â€¢ Creativity and Government Policies
â€¢ Creative Cities and Communities - Transformation Process
Theme 6: Creative and Entrepreneurial Personality and Behaviour: Skill, Competencies, and Motivation
â€¢ Process and Management of Creation: Invention, Innovation and Discovery
â€¢ Creative Problem Solving and Methods
â€¢ Cognition, Empathy and Creativity
â€¢ Creative Skills & Abilities and Assessment Tools
â€¢ Motivation for Creativity and Creative Outcome
â€¢ Process, Techniques, and Methodology in Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Theme 7: Innovative strategies for Enterprise Growth and Development
â€¢ Economics of Creativity and Venture Growth
â€¢ Technology, Creativity, Innovation and Diffusion
Theme 8: Educational Programme/Pedagogies in Entrepreneurship and Creativity Development
â€¢ Education and Training Pedagogy in Creativity and Entrepreneurship
â€¢ Creativity in Knowledge management and dissemination
Theme 9: Social Entrepreneurship
â€¢ Innovative Models in NGOs Sector
â€¢ Rural Development
â€¢ Social Marketing Strategies
Theme 10: Innovative Media and Communications Strategies and Campaigns
â€¢ Creative Industries: Ad Campaign,
â€¢ Digital Media and Entertainment
â€¢ Information and Communication Technologies
1. Detailed abstracts with about 500 words should be submitted no later than 31 August, 2008. All abstracts should show the names of the authors, their institutional affiliation (where appropriate), contact details (including full address, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail address). The abstracts should be presented in Word format and should also include no more than 5 keywords. (see abstract template on conference website).
2. Notification of accepted papers will be sent within 10 working days time of the receipt of the abstract. All abstracts will be peer reviewed. However, notification of abstracts accepted for the conference will be made by no later than 30 September, 2008.
3. At least, one of the authors must register for the conference by the registration deadline (31 October 2008) to ensure inclusion in of the paper in the Conference. Without valid registration, paper cannot be included in the Conference Programme.
4. There is a cap of a maximum three abstracts from one author. By submitting an abstract, the author/s makes a commitment to present his/her paper at the Conference.
5. Full papers must be submitted no later than 7 November 2008.
6. All full papers (respect the deadlines for both abstracts and full papers) will be considered for two best paper prizes (one for scholarship and academic rigour and the other for originality, creativity and innovation in its contribution to policy making or practice). Any later submissions will automatically be excluded from selection for any one of the two awards.
7. Selected papers will be considered for special issues of selected journals. Negotiations are in progress for such publication with the editors of refereed journals.
All abstracts/papers should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org only.
Who should participate:
â€¢ Doctoral Students
â€¢ Researchers, Teachers, Trainers from Entrepreneurship and Management Institutions/Universities/Colleges and Entrepreneurship Training Centres
â€¢ Psychologist and Sociologist interested in training and research in entrepreneurship
â€¢ Policy Makers and Development Planners and Strategists
â€¢ Community Leaders and Senior executives from NGOs and Development organisations and Researchers interested in Social Entrepreneurship
â€¢ Corporate Executives involved in innovations and Change Management
â€¢ Entrepreneurs currently managing Small and Medium sized enterprises
â€¢ Creative, Communications and Media Organisations
â€¢ Change agents involved in rural Development
â€¢ Innovators, entrepreneurs and intra-preneurs
â€¢ Leaders and Senior executives from Technology and Business Incubation Centre
â€¢ Students and professionals seeking careers in Entrepreneurship and Creative Communications
Conference Venue and Accommodation:
Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad (MICA),
Shela, Ahmedabad 380058, India.
Phones: +91-2717-308250 Fax: +91-2717-308349
Website: mica-india.net Email: email@example.com
Support and assistance for suitable accommodation for the duration of the conference will be extended at request. Details about available hotels and tariff will be available in second announcement.
Ms Sujun Zhang
Research and Development Officer
Tel: +44 (0) 1702 328389
Fax: +44 (0) 1702 328387
Ms. Santana Pathak