PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR 2008 (PMPS)
Venue: Hilton Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Aug 12, 2008||End Date/Time: Aug 13, 2008|
|Registration Date: Aug 10, 2008|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 20, 2008|
1. Multiple stakeholders with diverse expectations
2. The need for complete transparency
3. Success takes a long time â€“ and it may take even longer to prove the gain
4. Many organizations must work together
5. Uncertainty over future budgets and mandates
6. â€œFuzzinessâ€ of desired outcomes
7. Stakeholder / political interference
8. Unclear personal accountabilities
9. Culture of consensus
10. Unclear relationship between performance and consequences.
These issues are not dealt with in the general performance measurement literature â€“ but they are known and understood by real practitioners in the public sector.
At this Forum Africa conference, you will hear about instructive case studies that address these challenges and be engaged in the discussion of constructive, practical approaches to:
â€¢ organizing strategic plans
â€¢ working with different types of budgets
â€¢ understanding which performance measurement tools are available
â€¢ addressing challenges to implementation and staff engagement
You will have ample opportunity to ask your questions of the conference participants who are eager to offer their insights and share their considerable expertise.
Please join us for what promises to be 2days of hands-on practical discussion, expert information exchange, practical solutions and valuable networking. Attend to find out what works best and why.