International Seminar on Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources and Coastal Management in Develop (ISOCCI_WR_CM)
Venue: Sintesa Peninsula Hotel
|Event Date/Time: May 11, 2009||End Date/Time: May 13, 2009|
|Registration Date: Apr 30, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Dec 31, 2009|
|Abstract Submission Date: Nov 11, 2008|
|Paper Submission Date: Feb 03, 2009|
Papers on relevant topics are invited. Prospective authors shall submit an abstract of 250-300 words in English with details of affiliation, telephone and fax numbers, mail and email addresses of the first or corresponding author before November 11, 2008 to LOC Secretariat by email. Notice of accepted abstracts will be informed both by email and website before December 4, 2008 after review by Scientific Committee. Full papers in English shall be submitted to LOC Secretariat before February 2009 by email in Windows Word. Paper format shall be given in detail in the Second Announcement. Proceedings of full papers English will be printed before the convention of the Seminar. Excellent papers shall be selected for official publication after the Seminar. Official publication will be charged with details in the Second Announcement. The Second Announcement will be published on website after November 11,2008.
The topics of this Conference shall be focused on, but not limited to, climate change impact
on Water Resources and Coastal Management, including:
CLIMATE CHANGE IMPACTS ON WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
1. Change in Hydrologic Characteristics
2. Flood and Drought Risk and Vulnerability
3. Integrated Approach in Flood and Drought Protection and Adaptation
4. Water Resources Management Contribute to Achieving the Millenium
5. Development Goal Problem and Solution in Water Resources Conservation Management
CLIMATE CHANGE IMPACTS ON COASTAL AREA MANAGEMENT
1. Vulnerability and Adaptation to Sea Level Rise
2. Integrated Approach in Coastal Protection due to Sea Level Rise
3. Problem and Solution in Coastal Area Conservation and Management
4. Potential of Sea Level Rise, Tidal Wave and other Ocean Water Resources in
Development of power plant technologies
* WATER RESOURCES ENGINEERING (WRE) AND COASTAL ENGINEERING (CE) POLICY AND PROGRAM DESIGN
1. Policy Evaluation and Reform
2. Program Evaluation and Reform
3. Quantifying benefit of policies and programs
4. Monitoring and Assessment of WRE and CE needs and benefits
5. Accountability and Performance Measurement
6. Building Capacity Program Design and Implementation in WRE and CE.
WATER RESOURCES & COASTAL ENGINEERING TOLLS & TECHNOLOGIES
1. Best Management Practices (BMP) in data collection and inventory system
2. Development and Testing of WRE & CE practices and system
3. Decision Support Tools for WRE & CE and Implementation
4. Remote Sensing Technologies & Geographic Information System
The language of the Seminar is in English. And no translation to other language provided.
Paper Instruction and Submission
Please follow this link to download the files of Paper Instruction. The file is in .zip format,
please extract first this files and open the file of PAPER TEMPLATE.doc.
ZIP file of PAPER INSTRUCTION, 92 KB
To submit the paper/s, please attach the paper file/s into your e-mail and send it to the e-mail
address of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration fee of foreign participants will be US$390. Favorable registration fee for
registration before Dec. 31, 2008 will be US$350. Registration fee for IAHR members will be
discounted 25 % of normal fee. Registration fee of Indonesian participants will be Rp.
Participants can select one of the hotels (shown in page Hotels of this website) during the
Conference (to be paid by participants).
Post Seminar Tour
After the seminar, LOC will arrange a post seminar tour. Some routes have been preparing
which could be chosen by participants.
* Route-1 : Manado-Bunaken Island-Manado
* Route-2 : Manado-Bukit Kasih-Lake Tondano-Manado
* Route-3 : Manado-Kima Bajo-Batu Putih Bitung-Manado
* Route-4 : Manado-Bali
Tour arrangement and prices of each routes shall be given on the second announcement.
Presidium, Advisory, Organizing and Scientific Committee Complete information according these will be detailed in the second announcement.
Companies and manufactures which relevant with this event are invited to participate in event
technical exhibition. The exhibition shall include measurement instruments both on water
resources and ocean and coastal engineering, modelling and database software of water
resources and coastal engineering, and artificial material and equipments for protection the
WRE and CE.
More Information Please contact LOC:
Gedung G VI Direktorat Sungai Danau dan Waduk, Direktorat Jenderal SDA,
Departemen Pekerjaan Umum.
Jl. Pattimura 20 Kebayoran Baru , Jakarta 12110 Indonesia
ph: +62-21-722-4531; +62-431-81-3107