Cancer Degradome Symposium
|Event Date/Time: Oct 08, 2008||End Date/Time: Oct 09, 2008|
This workshop will combine the findings of the EU Framework 6 Programme on the â€˜Cancer Degradomeâ€™ with those of other colleagues in the field. The focus will be on extracellular proteinases and their status as markers and therapeutic targets in cancer. The use of novel techniques to study aspects of their in vitro and in vivo functions will be a particular focus.
Organized by Gillian Murphy, Hideaki Nagase, Dylan Edwards, the Cancer Degradome Symposium will be held at the Royal Institute of British Architects in London, UK on the 8-9 October 2008.
Topics will include:
- The status of proteinases as targets in Cancer
- Model systems to study the role of proteinases
- In vivo imaging
- In vitro Biology and Imaging
- Multifarious roles of proteinases
- Novel translational studies
- Cell Biology
- Alicia Arroyo (Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Madrid)
- Carl Blobel (Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York)
- Matthew Bogyo (Department of Pathology, Stanford School of Medicine)
- Thomas H. Bugge (National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Bethesda)
- Vincent Dive (Commissariat Ã l'Energie Atomique, Saclay)
- Suzanne Eccles (Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton)
- Yoshifumi Itoh (Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Imperial College London)
- Achim KrÃ¼ger (Technical University of Munich)
- Fertilizing impact of MMP-9-dependent alterations in bone marrow homeostasis on seeding of tumor cells to the liver
- Carlos Lopez-Otin (University Institute of Oncology, Oviedo)
- AgnÃ¨s NoÃ«l (UniversitÃ© de LiÃ¨ge)
- Yasunori Okada (Keio University, Tokyo)
- Thomas Reinheckel (Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg)
- Paul Saftig (Christian-Albrechts-UniversitÃ¤t zu Kiel)
- Bonnie Sloane (Wayne State University, Detroit)
- Katarina Wolf (Nijmegen Centre for Life Sciences)
Abstracts for poster presentation are invited. Those which most closely fit within the topics of the meeting will be selected.
- Deadline for poster abstracts: August 4, 2008
The registration fee is fully inclusive of:
- attendance at sessions (plenary & poster)
- lunch and refreshments
- drinks reception
- conference materials, including book of abstracts
Student and group registration fees are available for this meeting.
For futher information and to register please visit the Cancer Degradome Symposium website (www.abcam.com/degradome).