Innovative Monitoring, Optimization & Fouling Management for Membrane Desalination Plants (SWPF2008)
Venue: Jeddah Hilton
|Event Date/Time: Nov 04, 2008||End Date/Time: Nov 05, 2008|
|Registration Date: Nov 04, 2008|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 30, 2008|
Course Focus & Topics
The course will discuss technical and practical issues related to the design, operation, monitoring and fouling management of seawater and brackish water desalination plants utliizing membrane technology applications, such as RO, NF, UF & MF. It will help plant engineers and operators in the Middle East and GCC Region better understand how the technology works in real plants, and provide an in-depth training on how to optimize the plants performance and cost-effectivienss from one of the industryâ€™s most experienced, hands-on experts. The course will focus on the latest technologies and systems dealing with monitoring, evaluating and detection of membrane fouling and scaling, as well optimizing the operational efficiency and performance of membrane and pretreatment systems in real-time. Main topics of discussion include:
ïƒ˜ Membrane Plant Design Optimization â€“ Criteria & Considerations.
ïƒ˜ Fouling & Scaling Potentials - Feed Water Quality, Chemistry & Sources.
ïƒ˜ Pretreatment System Optimization â€“ Dosing & Filtration Systems.
ïƒ˜ Design & Operation Optimization â€“ Recovery Ratio & Configurations.
ïƒ˜ Energy Consumption Optimization â€“ Energy Recovery Devices.
ïƒ˜ System Performance Evaluation â€“ ASTM Normalization & Trending.
ïƒ˜ Plant Operation & Performance Real-Time Monitoring & Optimization.
ïƒ˜ Silent AlarmTM Real-time Early Fouling Monitoring, Detection & Control.
ïƒ˜ Membrane Fouling & Scaling Control & Prevention Strategies.
ïƒ˜ Top 30 Practical Plant Design, Operation & Maintenance Guidelines.
Six Reasons to attend the MASAR Course at the Saudi Water & Power Forum:
1. Gain intimate, independent, practical and unbiased training on the membrane desalination technology applications, processes, latest developments, technical issues, problems and field-tested solutions to help you achieve a more successful career and contribute to a more productive business.
2. Benefit from one of the industry's most qualified experts and distinguished trainers, with over 25 years of technical expertise, real-plant experiences, including system optimization, trouble-shooting and problem-solving at major Arabian-Gulf membrane desalination plants in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait & UAE.
3. Learn how to optimize the operational, performance and cost efficiencies of your systems through a hands-on approaches and innovative, proven technologies, not via standard text-books, to help you identify, trouble-shoot and resolve various operational and technical problems at your own plant.
4. Participate in interactive one-on-one and group discussions on key subjects featured by two open-forum periods focusing on real-plant technical issues, problems & practical solutions in membrane desalination.
5. Utilize the courseâ€™s CD-ROM and Workbook, with over 350 presentation slides, technical publications and on-line references, as an on-the-job training reference and learning tool, and earn your Certificate of Completion.
6. Join over 400 trainees of industry professionals of various backgrounds and experience levels who selected and benefited from MASAR training courses and workshops as the water desalination industryâ€™s leader since 2002, as well as on-site plant personnel training since 1985.
MASAR Training Course Pre-Registration Fees (By September 30, 2008)
A. Individuals: SR 4,500 (US $1,200) per trainee.
B. A special pre-registration group rate for 5 or more attendees from the same
organization is available at SR 3,750 (US $1,000) per trainee (All group
pre-registrants must be pre- paid for by their organization at the same time).
Course registration fee includes:
1. Course CD-ROM with all presentation slides, technical resources &
2. Course Workbook printed with all presentation slides for individual note-
taking, follow-up and questions.
3. Two Coffee & Tea breaks and lunch daily.
4. Certificate of completion issued to all attendees who complete the entire
5. All trainees receive a special MASAR Course completion gift.
About the Course Instructor - The course instructor, Eng. Mohamad Amin Saad (www.masar.com/technology/mas.html) is a leading industry expert with 25 years of technical expertise and practical experiences worldwide, especially at RO and other membrane plants in the Middle East/Arabian Gulf, Malta and USA. He recently developed from his long field experience the pioneering â€œSilent Alarmâ„¢â€ system and â€œMASARÂ®â€ software program for real-time monitoring and optimization of membrane plants performance and early detection of membrane fouling before itâ€™s too late. He has been training government and corporate clients since 1984, and regularly conducts intensive training courses and workshops with the Saudi Water & Power Forum (since 2006), the International Desalination Associationâ€™s (IDA) World Congresses (Bahrain, The Bahamas, Singapore, Spain & Dubai in 2009), European Desalination Societyâ€™s (EDS) Conferences (Egypt, Malta, Morocco), and with the Middle East Desalination Research Center (MEDRC). He recently held training courses for the Saudi Power & Water Utility Company for Jubail & Yanbu (MARAFIQ) and for the Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA) in Dubai, UAE. Other courses held or being planned in 2008 include a 4-day course in Sharjah, UAE, as well as courses for Technology Experts Company in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and for the Ministry of Electricity & Water in Bahrain.
About the Company - MASAR Technologies, Inc. is an international membrane technology consulting, plant services, innovative solution developer and training company based in Tucson, Arizona, USA, since 1993 (www.masar.com/services/consulting.html). It provides specialized membrane plant monitoring, evaluation, trouble-shooting, optimization and other consulting services. It also develops and licenses innovative and customized software packages designed to monitor and optimize plant operation and performance in real-time, and provide membrane fouling and scaling early-warning detection & measurement.
For additional information - Visit MASAR Technologiesâ€™ web site at www.masar.com/training/jeddahcourse.html or email email@example.com