International e-Learning Conference 2008: e-Learners in the Generation 2.0 (IEC2008)
|Event Date/Time: Nov 20, 2008||End Date/Time: Nov 21, 2008|
|Registration Date: Nov 20, 2008|
|Early Registration Date: Oct 24, 2008|
|Abstract Submission Date: Sep 30, 2008|
|Paper Submission Date: Oct 13, 2008|
The Thailand Cyber University Project (TCU), the Commission on Higher Education, Ministry of Education has an aim to promote e-Learning by cooperating with national and international educational institutes. The TCU, recognizing the importance of e-Learning knowledge management to create comprehensive knowledge for educational personnel, has organized the International e-Learning Conference 2008: "e-Learners in the Generation 2.0." The conference objective is to assemble knowledge on every aspect of e-Learning from Thai and international experts. Conference topics will include the quality and standard of learning management and evaluation, effective utilization and implementation of new technologies, understanding of new generation learners? behavior, and cost-effective and sustainable learning management.
TCU will accumulate knowledge from the conference and produce the knowledge asset to be a reference for educators, researchers, faculty and students.
1. To be a stage for exchanging knowledge, innovative practices and experiences on e-Learning among Thai and international educators, researchers, faculty, and students.
2. To assemble knowledge on every aspect of e-Learning from Thai and international educators, researchers, and faculty and to create the e-Learning knowledge asset.
3. To expand e-Learning knowledge to educators, researchers, faculty, and students via website, journal, publication, etc.
'e-Learners in the Generation 2.0'
- Consumer Protection for e-Learners
- Standard and Quality Assurance
- Innovative Technology in Learning
- New Media for e-Learning
- Learner's Rights
- Ethics in e-Learning
- Copyright and Patent
- Scalability and Sustainability
- Professional Development
- Learning Effectiveness
- Delivery System
- Courseware Development
- Ecology in e-Learning
- Economy of Online Learning
CALL FOR PAPERS
1 Paper details
1.1 Papers from all areas of e-Learning are welcome.
1.2 All abstract and papers must be written in English but can be presented in either English or Thai.
2.1 Deadline for submission of abstracts: September 30, 2008
2.2 All abstracts must be written in English. Download abstract format (Available soon)
3 Full Paper
3.1 Deadline for submission of full papers: October 13, 2008
3.2 All abstracts must be written in English. Full paper Download full paper format (Available soon)
4.1 Please send abstracts and full papers to Ms. Chanoknan Chomchai at firstname.lastname@example.org
4.2 Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings book and Thailand Cyber University's E-journal.
Note: *Selected paper will be provided with accommodation for 3 nights (November 19- 21, 2008) and is exempt from registration fee.
1. For Professors, students from public and private university, community college, school (Thais and foreigners working in Thailand)
1.1 Early bird registration fee (On or before October 24, 2008): 500 baht
1.2 Regular registration fee (After October 24, 2008): 750 baht
2. For Private sectors and general public (Thais)
2.1 Early bird registration fee (On or before October 24, 2008): 1,000 baht
2.2 Regular registration fee (After October 24, 2008): 1,500 baht
3. For Foreigners in Thailand and overseas
3.1 Early bird registration fee (On or before October 24, 2008): USD 100
3.2 Regular registration fee (After October 24, 2008): USD 150
Note: Participants are responsible for transferring fee. Organizer should receive the full amount of registration fee (USD 100 or USD 150).
4. For Paper presenters
4.1 All confirmed presenters will receive Registration Fee Exemption plus accommodation for 3 nights (November 19- 21, 2008)
Remark: The Registration Fee includes:
- 2 lunches and 4 coffee breaks on November 20-21, 2008
- Conference kit
- Conference document and proceeding
- Coupon for borrowing Simultaneous Interpretation headphone set
About the Host:
The Thailand Cyber University Project under the Commission on Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Thailand has carried out missions under an e-Education strategy in the second phase of the Information Technology Policy of Thailand or IT 2010 (B.E. 2544-2553) and the National Education Plan (B.E. 2545 - 2559). The TCU missions include expanding educational opportunity by using information technology to increase an access to education irrespective of time or location, establishing a knowledge center to encourage life-long learning, improving and developing the quality of higher education, creating knowledge management and the sharing of educational resources among educational institutions efficiently and effectively.