Environmental Investments Forum 2008 (EIF08)
Venue: Dexter House
|Event Date/Time: Dec 09, 2008||End Date/Time: Dec 09, 2008|
|Early Registration Date: Nov 07, 2008|
â€œVenture capitalists have poured record amounts into clean-tech this year, according to two reports, and investment in the sector has accelerated despite the credit crunchâ€
Source: Environmental Finance Online News, 2 October 2008
Book by 7 November to claim your early bird discount
(Discounts also available for Environmental Finance Publications customers, teams, organisations based in developing countries and not-for-profit/academic institutions)
SPEAKERS AND PANELLISTS - ALL TOP-LEVEL INVESTMENT SPECIALISTS - INCLUDE:
KEYNOTE ADDRESS on climate change as an investment opportunity
David Blood, Senior Partner, Generation Investment Management
* Abyd Karmali, MD and Global Head of Carbon Emissions, Merrill Lynch
* Bozena Jankowska, VP, Sustainability Research, Allianz Global Investors
* Guy Hochschild, Research â€“ Alternative Energy, Mirabaud Securities
* Garth Edward, Director, Environmental Products,
* Citigroup Corporate and Investment Banking
* Peter Brewer, Chief Investment Officer, Cumulus Energy Fund
* Fabrizio Donini Ferretti, Head of Energy, Dexia Credit Local
* Alexander Barkawi, Managing Director, SAM Indexes
* Richard Boddington, Wind Analysis Manager, Sgurr Energy
* Rebecca Tarbotton, Global Finance Campaign Director, Rainforest Action Network
* Jens Boening, Managing Director, WeatherBill UK
*Peter van Egmond Rossbach, Director, Investments, Impax Asset Management
and many more . . .
PANEL DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
â€¢ Routes to market â€“ funds, indexes, equities
â€¢ Hot stocks in renewable energy and energy efficiency
â€¢ Carbon as an asset class
â€¢ Investment opportunities in forestry, agriculture and bioenergy
â€¢ Weather derivatives and catastrophe bonds
â€¢ Private equity vs public markets
Some comments from delegates at our previous conferences!
"Thank you for organising such a great conference. Not only did it add such tremendous value to the attendees, but clearly it has such a positive and far-reaching impact in addressing climate change."
Marc Oppenheim, Sagana Bay Capital Limited
â€œCongratulations on a great conference. I was pleased to attend and network with both speakers and other participants. I look forward to more Environmental Finance conferences in the future!â€
Sarah Clawson, Head of Communications, Eurosif
"Your speakers were top rate, the venue impeccable, and the quality of networking invaluable. I will certainly be in attendance next time and won't hesitate to recommend your events to my colleagues and business associates."
Trevor Giles, Managing Director, Blue Marble Capital Partners
Don't miss out on the chance to debate in detail the investment opportunities in the environmental markets, and to network and build profitable partnerships with the key players.
Remember to book by 7 November to claim your early bird discount