L.I.V.E. World Summit 2008 - Leadership, Innovation and Leadership for the Earth (L.I.V.E. 2008)
Venue: Millennium Broadway Hotel
|Event Date/Time: Nov 15, 2008||End Date/Time: Nov 15, 2008|
|Registration Date: Nov 14, 2008|
|Early Registration Date: Nov 03, 2008|
The L.I.V.E. World Summit offers industry leaders, innovators, social entrepreneurs, and student leaders with an opportunity to focus on solutions to some of the most pressing problems facing the world today: empowering women, poverty and sustainable development, economic growth and stability, global health, energy and power, food and water crises, and youth & education.
Taking place during a most challenging economic and political period, the L.I.V.E. World Summit is about providing inspiration, success models, best practices, and a forum for leaders from all sectors of society to collaborate and work together towards building a better world in 2009.
The Summit features an influential audience of committed industry leaders, business leaders, entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurs, and civic-minded student leaders from top universities such as Harvard, Yale, and Columbia. The event also offers great networking for speakers. Our sponsors have included leading companies such as Goldman Sachs and Microsoft. Additional information and key highlights of the L.I.V.E. World Summit 2008 (www.liveworldsummit.com):
* INFLUENTIAL AUDIENCE: 500+ participants at the main Summit comprised of business leaders, executives, entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurs, and with 150+ selected graduate student/undergraduate student leaders; 2,000+ participants in our pre-Summit events and town halls at Harvard, Columbia and NYU, with online outreach to 100+ universities and campuses around the world (est. 1 million online impressions on our web platforms). Participants are influential leaders across industries and disciplines: 80% are men and women who are leading companies, organizations, foundations, corporate social responsibility projects, and entrepreneurial/social enterprise initiatives. 20% of the attendees are graduate/MBA/MPA/Law and undergraduate student leaders selected from over 100 of the top institutions around the world.
* POWERFUL SPEAKERS: Featuring 100+ influential speakers across many areas of impact: Influential leaders and organizations whose work have made truly great and tangible impact on the world along a number of critical areas: environmental stewardship, sustainable development, empowering women, corporate social responsibility, business leadership, capital markets and economic policy, global health/medical innovations, innovation and appropriate technology, food & clean water crises, education, and peace-building. Speakers include Alexandra Cousteau (Founder, Blue Legacy and Earth Echo); Miquela Craytor (Executive Director, Sustainable South Bronx); Stephen Sieh (Managing Director, Evercore); Vicky Garchitorena (President, Ayala Foundation), among others.
* CALL TO ACTION & COMMITMENTS:
We are featuring a select number of non-profit organizations and campaigns, around which we are building support coming from Summit participants â€“ from helping draw corporate sponsorship to non-profits, to helping draw advisors and volunteers to select causes. Each Summit Participant is encouraged to select a non-profit organization, or campaign, or cause, that they will commit to working with for the next year â€“ whether in marketing/PR, fundraising/development, strategic advisory, or volunteering for specific projects/initiatives.
* L.I.V.E. WORLD BOOK: The L.I.V.E. World book will feature contributions and speech excerpts from sponsors, speakers, and participants. The L.I.V.E. World book is being published in February-March 2009, and will be sent to the NEWLY ELECTED President and Vice President of the United States, as well as to CEOs of the Fortune 500.
* BEST PRACTICES FAIR: Organizations â€“ both non-profits and companies with great corporate social responsibility programs - will have the opportunity to showcase best practices, attract other corporate and organization leaders to support your cause, and also recruit specially selected, civic-minded student leaders as volunteers.