KES IDT 2009 Invited Session on Knowledge-Based Software Engineering and Medical Decision Support Sy (IDT2009)
|Event Date/Time: Apr 23, 2009||End Date/Time: Apr 24, 2009|
|Registration Date: Apr 22, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Jan 17, 2009|
|Paper Submission Date: Dec 15, 2008|
First KES International Symposium
on Intelligent Decision Technologies
Himeji, Japan, 23-24 April 2009
Knowledge-Based Software Engineering and Medical Decision Support Systems
The conference will take place at the Egret Himeji Convention Center in Himeji, Japan, home of Himeji Castle which is a spectacular UNESCO world heritage site. The conference is interdisciplinary in nature and will consist of keynote talks, oral and poster presentations, invited sessions and workshops, on the applications and theory of intelligent decision systems and related areas.
Due to the knowledge-based software engineering has advanced at a tremendous rate and seems to be accelerating, as computers become faster and more powerful. The objective of this invited session is to explore recent research progress in the medical/health/healthcare areas of artificial intelligence and software engineering. Papers describing original work concerning the algorithm, tool design, implementation, and real-world application are welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Medical decision support systems
- Healthcare intelligent user interfaces
- Medical web services and intelligent agents
- Medical knowledge-based methods/tools for software engineering
- Automatic long-term care supporting systems
- Automatic healthcare software designs
- Automatic health data collection
- Automatic medical/health/healthcare machine learning
- Automatic medical process/project management
- Submission of papers by: 15 December 2008
- Notification for acceptance: 31 December 2008
- All final papers uploaded not later than: 10 January 2009
- Early registration deadline: 12 January 2009
- Conference date: 23-24 April 2009
Submission of Papers
Papers must be uploaded as a PDF document onto the PROSE online submission and review system for review. If accepted, a full set of publication files in Microsoft Word or LaTeX must be provided. Refer to http://idt-09.kesinternational.org/submission.php for detailed instructions. All papers will be reviewed by the International Programme Committee, and if of a high enough standard, accepted for presentation orally or by poster. Accepted papers will be published by prestigious publishing house, Springer Verlag, as book chapters in a volume of their Engineering Series and indexed in ISI conference publications, EI, INSPEC, etc. Outstanding papers will be invited for publication as full papers in a special issue of the Intelligent Decision Technologies Journal (IDT).
If you have any questions or queries, please contact the following session chairs.
* Po-Hsun Cheng, Ph.D.
Department of Software Engineering, National Kaohsiung Normal University, Taiwan
* Heng-Shuen Chen, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Family Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
* Jer-Junn Luh, Ph.D.
School and Graduate Institute of Physical Therapy, National Taiwan University, Taiwan