Primary Care: Update in Lipidology and Cardiac Health
|Event Date/Time: Feb 14, 2009||End Date/Time: Feb 21, 2009|
|Registration Date: Feb 13, 2009|
Primary Care Physicians and Nursing Associates
Program Purpose / Objectives
The purpose of this activity is to equip healthcare practitioners with evidence based strategies to use in clinical practice for preventing cardiac disease.
1) Current update and treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
2) The French and American Paradox...our obsession with fats
3) Understanding the Interheart Study...a look at global causes of heart disease
4) Residual risk...going beyond the Statin Quo
5) Is wine medicine?
6) How we Failed Tim Russert...lessons we can learn
7) Discuss actual cases with the Lipidologists
8. Polycystic ovarian syndrome :Updated Treatment approach
9. Pediatric obesity, Experiences from a pediatric obesity program
10. Advanced Lipid testing: Making sense of the Science
11. Advanced Lipid testing: Case based Practical Pearls
12. Heart Disease in Women: Is HDL all its cracked up to be?
13. Omega 3 Fatty Acids in treatment of hypertriglyceridemia