Wireless Applications and Computing 2009 (WAC 2009)
|Event Date/Time: Jun 17, 2009||End Date/Time: Jun 19, 2009|
|Paper Submission Date: Jan 30, 2009|
Algarve, Portugal, 17 to 19 June 2009
part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2009)
Algarve, Portugal, 17 to 23 June 2009
* Conference background and goals
The IADIS Wireless Applications and Computing 2009 conference addresses several themes related to theory and practice within wireless networks, computing and application related areas.
Enormous developments in wireless technologies made in recent years enabled both researchers and industry to create new, innovative wireless and mobile application and services, protocols, middleware platforms and application frameworks. Corresponding
research is related to all communication layers, but also includes application-related topics, theoretical results and non-technical issues. Main topics have been identified (see below).
However, innovative contributions that donâ€™t fit into these areas will also be considered since they might be of benefit to conference attendees.
* Format of the Conference
The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations. The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the IADIS Digital Library (accessible on-line).
* Best Papers
Selected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to selected journals (i.e. IADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems - ISSN: 1646-3692) including journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers.
* Types of submissions
Full and Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
* Topics related to Wireless Applications and Computing are of interest. These include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Ad-hoc Networking
- Cellular Phone Networks and Satellite Based Systems
- Context Aware Applications
- Distributed Systems Aspects of Wireless Applications
- Integration of Wired and Wireless Networks
- Location-based Applications and Services
- Mobile Commerce
- Mobile Computing Software Architectures
- Mobile Entertainment, Gaming and Learning
- Performance and Simulation Aspects of Wireless Networks
- Pervasive Computing
- Security in Wireless Networks
- Wireless Access Networks
- Wireless Application Frameworks
- Wireless Applications Programming
- Wireless Communication Middleware
- Wireless Database Access
- Wireless End-user Devices
- Wireless Home Networks
- Wireless Multimedia
- Wireless Peer-to-Peer Networks
- Wireless Positioning Technologies
- WLANs and WPANs
* Important Dates:
- Submission Deadline: 30 January 2009
- Notification to Authors: 6 March 2009
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration: Until 6 April 2009
- Late Registration: After 6 April 2009
- Conference: Algarve, Portugal, 17 to 19 June 2009
* Conference Location
The conference will be held in Algarve, Portugal.
IADIS Secretariat - IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE WIRELESS APPLICATIONS AND COMPUTING 2009
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.wac-conf.org/
* Program Committee
Wireless Applications and Computing 2009 Program Chair
JÃ¶rg Roth, University of Applied Sciences Nuremberg, Germany
General MCCSIS Conference Co-Chairs:
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Pedro IsaÃas, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
Committee Members: *
* for committee list please refer to http://www.wac-conf.org/committees.asp