Economies of Central and Eastern Europe: Convergence, Opportunities and Challenges
Venue: Clarion Hotel Euroopa****
|Event Date/Time: Jun 14, 2009||End Date/Time: Jun 16, 2009|
|Registration Date: Apr 15, 2009|
|Abstract Submission Date: Mar 15, 2009|
|Paper Submission Date: May 15, 2009|
Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration of the Tallinn University of Technology will host an international conference "Economies of Central and Eastern Europe: Convergence, Opportunities and Challenges" from 14 â€“ 16 June 2009 in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia. This conference, organised in collaboration with the Society for the Study of Emerging Markets (based in the USA) and Eesti Pank (Central Bank of Estonia), aims to bring together academics as well as practitioners to discuss topical issues and disseminate high quality research in economics, finance and business administration with a focus on Central and Eastern Europe. Several publication opportunities in international journals are available for accepted papers.
You are kindly invited to submit papers for this conference. We would especially encourage submissions on macroeconomic vulnerabilities and economic policy considerations under global turbulence; risks to financial stability; labour market responses to the changing economic environment; real sector implications of economic distress; and challenges for company management during the current economic slowdown. Submissions on other topics falling under one of the Conference Tracks are also very welcome. The conference language is English.
- Financial markets and institutions
- Labour market
- Business environment
Authors are invited to submit extended abstracts of their papers by 15 March 2009 electronically (MS Word or PDF format) by e-mail titled â€œECEE Abstractâ€ to email@example.com. The submitted file should be named with the last name and first initial of the first author (e.g. â€œSmithJ.docâ€). The extended abstract should start with the title of the paper; name of the author(s); affiliation, mailing address, telephone, and e-mail addresses of the author(s); and preferable Conference Track for the paper. The subsequent extended abstract of 400-500 words should outline the background, methodology, data, results and main contribution of the paper. Only abstracts of papers which have not already been published or accepted for publication in journals will be considered. The Organising Committee will review all submissions and the submitting authors will be notified of the decision by 1 April 2009.
After notification of acceptance, a full paper must be submitted by 15 May 2009 by e-mail titled â€œECEE Paperâ€ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Formatting instructions will be available on the conference website.
Unless you instruct us otherwise, all accepted papers will be included on the Conference CD, supplied with an ISBN number. The CDs will be issued by Tallinn University of Technology and will be distributed to all registered participants during the conference.
All papers accepted for the conference are eligible to be considered for publication in one of the following international peer-reviewed academic journals:
- Emerging Markets Finance and Trade (EMFT) will publish a special issue devoted to the conference, comprising 5-6 excellent papers. The articles in EMFT are indexed/abstracted in Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences; Social Sciences Citation Index and other databases. EMFT is published by the Society for the Study of Emerging Markets and M.E.Sharpe Inc. (USA).
- Eastern European Economics (EEE) would consider some outstanding papers for its regular issues. The articles in EEE are also indexed/abstracted in Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences; Social Sciences Citation Index and other databases. EEE is published by M.E.Sharpe Inc. (USA).
- Research in Economics and Business (REB) will publish a special issue dedicated to the conference with 4-5 selected papers. REB is indexed in EBSCO database and is published by Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration of the Tallinn University of Technology.
If you wish your paper to be considered for publication in one of the above journals, please submit by 15 September 2009 your final full paper, incorporating any changes arising from the discussion and feedback received at the conference. Papers will be reviewed for the above journals following their normal review criteria. Please note that the acceptance of a paper to the conference is not a guarantee of publication by the journals.
The conference venue will be Clarion Hotel Euroopa**** in Tallinn city centre, walking distance from the Old Town. The conference will begin with Welcome Reception in the evening of Sunday, 14 June, preceded by Tallinn Old Town walking tour for those who are interested. Monday, 15 June will start with a plenary session in the morning, followed by parallel sessions until evening. The day will end with Conference Dinner. Tuesday, 16 June will be fully devoted to parallel sessions. All the above events plus lunch and coffee-breaks on both conference days, as well as a Conference CD, are included within the participation fee. Accommodation, transportation and any other costs are excluded from the participation fee. However, a limited block of rooms has been reserved at the conference hotel and can be booked by participants at special rates on a first come, first served basis.
Online registration facility will be available at the conference website. We kindly ask participants to register for the conference by 15 April 2009. The conference participation fee is EUR 250 per participant. Discounted participation fee of EUR 160 is available for students as well as for any persons accompanying the presenters. The participation fee is payable by 15 April 2009 by means of bank transfer to the Tallinn University of Technology bank account. After that date, participation is possible at a walk-in participation fee of EUR 300 (EUR 200 for students), payable in cash on site during conference registration or by bank transfer beforehand. The conference participation fee also includes 1-year free membership in the Society for the Study of Emerging Markets, providing amongst other benefits member access to EMFT online issues.
- Dr. Aaro Hazak, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology; Chair of the Organising Committee (Estonia)
- Prof. Josef C. Brada, Department of Economics, Arizona State University; Editor, Eastern European Economics (USA)
- Prof. Ali M. Kutan, Southern Illinois University, Editor, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade (USA)
- Mr. Martti Randveer, Head of Research Department, Bank of Estonia (Estonia)
- Mrs. Liina Kulu, Development Coordinator, Bank of Estonia (Estonia)
- Prof. Enn Listra, Dean, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- Prof. Urve Venesaar, Vice Dean, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- Prof. Tatjana Muravska, Director of the Centre for European and Transition Studies, University of Latvia; President of the Latvian European Community Studies Association (Latvia)
- Prof. Raul Eamets, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia)
Mrs. Marianne Kallaste, Conference Secretary
Tallinn University of Technology, Kopli 101-210, 11712 Tallinn, Estonia
Telephone: +372 6 203 945
Conference Website: http://tseba.ttu.ee/ECEE
Submission deadline for extended abstracts:
15 March 2009
by e-mail to email@example.com
Notification of acceptance/rejection:
1 April 2009
by e-mail to the corresponding author
Deadline for registration and payment:
15 April 2009
online at http://tseba.ttu.ee/ECEE
Submission deadline for full papers:
15 May 2009
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
14 â€“ 16 June 2009
Submission deadline for final papers for journals: 15 September 2009 by e-mail to email@example.com