Global Initiatives Symposium in Taiwan 2009 (GIS Taiwan 2009)
Venue: National Taiwan University
|Event Date/Time: Jul 06, 2009||End Date/Time: Jul 12, 2009|
|Registration Date: Mar 15, 2009|
|Abstract Submission Date: Mar 15, 2009|
|Paper Submission Date: Mar 15, 2009|
As students studying in National Taiwan University, which is the most privileged university in Taiwan, it is our responsibility to reciprocate the society which has offered incalculable amount of resources to cultivate leaders of the next generation.
Taiwan possesses great energy in academic and corporate innovation. Our development in information technologies, medical sciences and industrial designing has considerable influence on the international community. These advantages have prompted our awareness to improve the welfare of the global village.
It is our belief that through an international conference, an opportunity can be offered to university students as us to gather innovative ideas in the land of Taiwan. And through exchanges and discussions, pragmatic experiences can be acquired, and effective solutions can be generated to address current issues in a feasible manner.
Global Initiatives Symposium (GIS) aims to provide a platform for future leaders to ignite the creativity of the participants and to initiate possibilities of a better world.
Standing on the basis of Taiwan, GIS seeks to gather present and potential future leaders of the world to share their forward looking, concrete and innovative ideas and awareness on both regional and global scale. Further, through discussing feasible and effective approaches to the challenges and trends the global community faces, we wish to see actions being taken in a sure footed manner.
* To provide a Taiwan-based platform for global interaction.
* To share views and responses from all parts of the world to major global challenges today.
* To integrate theories and practice of various academic disciplines, thereby making a difference through political, technological and commercial channels.
* To form a global network between students and leaders of the world, in the prospect of this borderless network would serve as a think tank.
* To become the bridge through which students are connected to governments, enterprises and the third sector.
* To enhance regional awareness of participants, thus stimulates the development of potential regional actions.
We hope that GIS Taiwan would initiate ideas and expand the attendeesâ€™ horizons in this ever changing global community. Through our symposium, we hope that we can make our Earth, our small planet on which all things lives, a better place.