International Conference on Sustainability in Energy and Buildings (SEB'09)
Venue: University of Brighton
|Event Date/Time: Apr 29, 2009||End Date/Time: May 01, 2009|
|Registration Date: Mar 13, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Mar 13, 2009|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jan 31, 2009|
|Paper Submission Date: Jan 31, 2009|
In addition to featuring papers on a range of renewable energy and sustainability related topics, the conference will explore two innovative themes:-
-- The application of intelligent sensing, control, optimisation and modelling techniques to sustainability;
-- The technology of sustainable buildings.
Consisting of plenary keynote talks by experts, oral and poster presentations, invited sessions and workshops, SEB'09 will provide an exciting forum for the presentation of the results of new and original research on the subject, and discussions on this important topic.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Authors are invited to submit papers on the conference topics and related subjects.
All contributions must be of high quality, original and not published elsewhere or submitted for publication during the review period. Papers must be submitted following the instructions that will be made available on the web site. All papers will be reviewed and if of a high enough standard, accepted for presentation orally or by poster. The conference proceedings will be published by Springer Verlag as book chapters in a volume of their Engineering Series, and indexed as a conference publication in ISI, EI, INSPEC, etc.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions for publication in special editions of various journals.
The following topics are relevant to SEB'09, however this list is not intended to be exclusive:-
* Renewable energy technologies: photo-voltaics, solar thermal, biomass, geothermal systems. Micro-wind turbines, horizontal and vertical axis aero-generators. On-site, off-grid, grid-supplemented generation systems; combined heat and power (CHP) and micro-CHP systems.
* Control and optimisation of renewable energy systems: sensors and instrumentation technology, virtual sensors; smart monitoring and control using intelligent systems; high-efficiency switching systems; highly-efficient voltage conversion systems; novel high efficiency distribution systems and low voltage busses.
* High efficiency power storage systems: battery systems; reversible fuel cells; flywheel systems; super-capacitors.
* Novel primary sources: bio-mass generation schemes; Stirling cycle engines; bio-fuelled diesel generators.
* Applications to building services: heating and ventilating control systems for reduced energy use; building management systems; low energy building technology; low energy lighting systems; high-output light LED lighting systems; passive solar heating systems.
* Energy modelling schemes: life cycle analysis methodologies; tools and life cycle analysis; triple-bottom-line analysis.
CALL FOR INVITED SESSIONS AND WORKSHOPS
We invite senior scientists to organise invited sessions of 6 or more papers on a specific sub-topic within the scope of the conference to be presented as a half or full day session or workshop. See http://seb09.sustainedenergy.org for more details.
INDUSTRIAL ROUND TABLE AND EXHIBITION
Round table discussions will provide a forum for stakeholders to discuss matters of interest. An exhibition for trade suppliers of equipment relevant to the conference will be held. Manufacturers and retailers are invited to contact theconference organisers for details of opportunities to exhibit to the international audience that will attend the conference.
An international programme committee as been formed to advise on the conference. If you would like to be involved in the organisation of the conference please contact us.
REVISED DATES AND DEADLINES
-- General Track Papers ----------
Submission of papers: 31 January 2009
Notification of Acceptance: 13 February 2009
-- Invited Sessions ----------
Submission of papers: deadline set by session chair (Suggested date 31 Jan 2009)
Notification of acceptance: date set by session chair (Suggested date 13 Feb 2009)
-- All Authors ----------
Upload of Final Publication Files: 28 February 2009
Early Registration (all delegates): 13 March 2009
Conference: 30 April - 1 May 2009
SEB'09 is being organised by the KES International research organisation and hosted by the University of Brighton.
-- General Chair --
* Dr Bob Howlett, Centre for Smart Systems, University of Brighton
-- Honorary Chair --
* Professor Andrew Miller, Centre for Sustainability in the Built Environment, University of Brighton
-- Programme Committee Chair --
* Prof Lakhmi C.Jain, University of South Australia
General Email Enquiries: email@example.com
Web site: http://seb09.sustainedenergy.org