8th Annual Forum on Anti-Money Laundering: Practical Strategies to Reduce Risk and Ensure Compliance
|Event Date/Time: Apr 28, 2009||End Date/Time: Apr 29, 2009|
Itâ€™s been a tumultuous year in AML compliance. New regulations came into effect June 23, 2008, and new sectors come under regulatory obligations shortly. Plus, monetary penalties will be in force starting in late December, 2008. How are your peers managing effective compliance and reputation risk management within the context of a struggling economic climate?
The Canadian Instituteâ€™s Forum on Anti-Money Laundering has a strong record of delivering the practical information you need in this challenging area. This yearâ€™s program includes:
* An update from OSFI on the revised Guideline B-8, expected to come into force around the time of the conference
* News from FINTRAC about whatâ€™s coming down the pipe
* Valuable information about U.S. and global trends that may have an impact in Canada
* Case studies in law enforcement
* Tips on managing the difficult operational realities of risk-based assessment and PEFP screening
* Inside information on the latest methods criminals are using to launder money and finance terrorism
* Advice on meeting your training obligations
* and much more!
New this year are sessions on sanctions, money laundering through social networking sites, and tips for newly regulated sectors.
Back by popular demand is the introductory pre-conference workshop.