OReilly MySQL Conference & Expo (MySQL)
|Event Date/Time: Apr 20, 2009||End Date/Time: Apr 23, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Feb 16, 2009|
MySQL Conference brings over 2,000 open source and database enthusiasts together to harness the power of MySQL and celebrate the huge MySQL ecosystem. All around the world, people just like you are innovating with MySQLâ€”and MySQL is fueling the innovation engine by releasing new mission critical solutions to help you work smarter. This deeply technical conference brings all of that creativity, energy, and knowledge together in one place for four very full days.
The open atmosphere of the MySQL Conference & Expo helps IT professionals and community members launch and develop the best database applications, tools, and software. As companies of all sizes look for ways to remain competitive and manage costs, open source software and tools provide valuable and efficient solutions for the enterprise. The 2009 edition of the MySQL Conference & Expo will present strategies for businesses to not just survive, but thrive in a challenging economy.
Through expert instruction, hands-on tutorials, and readily available MySQL developers, users at all levels gain the knowledge they need to rapidly build solid applications with MySQL that scale with the enterprise. New to the 2009 program will be MySQL Camp, a space where any and all participants can create an "unconference" within the larger event.
2009 Conference Tracks:
* Architecture and Technology
* Business and Case Studies
* Cloud Computing
* Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
* MySQL Cluster and High Availability
* Performance Tuning and Benchmarks
* PHP and MySQL
* Replication and Scale-Out
* Ruby and MySQL
* Security and Database Administration
* Storage Engine Development and Optimization
* Web 2.0, Ajax, and Emerging Technologies
Here's just a sampling of some of the sessions and speakers to show you how MySQL works in the world:
-MySQL and Search at Craigslist with Jeremy Zawodny (craigslist.org)
-Spatial SQL: Who Needs a Traditional GIS? with John Powell (eMapSite)
-If You Love It, Break It: Testing MySQL with the Random Query Generator with Philip Stoev (Sun Microsystems)
-External Stored Procedures Framework for MySQL with Antony Curtis (Google Inc)
-Mining for Insight Within Two Billion Visits with Osma Ahvenlampi (Sulake)
-Maria, the New Transactional Storage Engine for MySQL with Michael Widenius (MySQL)
-Dormando's Proxy for MySQL with Alan Kasindorf (Six Apart)
Plus, low-cost MySQL certification!
Morning and afernoon tutorial sessions on Monday prepare you to take the exam any evening during the conference.
The MySQL Conference & Expo is designed to help all participants:
* Learn how to optimize the performance of MySQL
* Get detailed insight into new MySQL features
* Develop skills for scale-out using Java, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby and .NET
* Delve into new techniques around Stored Procedures, Partitioning, HA Clustering, Triggers, and Views
* Learn Administration and Security Best Practices
* Hear real world experiences implementing MySQL projects
* Discover best practices for using MySQL in a range of architectures including Web, Cluster, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Embedded applications, and more
* Learn how MySQL fits into Web 2.0 architecture and emerging web technologies, like the cloud
* Migrate from proprietary databases to MySQL, including expert sessions on MySQL for the Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server DBA
At the MySQL Conference & Expo, you'll benefit not just from gathering with your peers and experts from a wide variety of companies and countries, but also by learning from some of the leading visionaries in the open source world.