CBMTS Industry VI: Fifth World Congress on Chemical, Biological and Radiological Terrorism (CBMTS Industry VI:)
Venue: Hotel Croatia
|Event Date/Time: Apr 05, 2009||End Date/Time: Apr 10, 2009|
|Registration Date: Mar 25, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Jan 16, 2009|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jan 15, 2009|
|Paper Submission Date: Mar 12, 2009|
Industry, government and academic professionals in science, medicine and policy; medical, public health and medical research professionals including primary care physicians, practitioners and veterinarians; local, regional and national laboratory representatives; first responders and HAZMAT specialists including emergency, crisis management and mitigation, and civil defense personnel; industry leaders to include scientists and engineers; and specialists in computer risk modeling and planning, training and local community interface and communications.
B. Call for papers/topic and theme areas.
Papers should cover any one or a combination of the listed baskets of topic areas as well as areas not listed. For â€˜non-listedâ€™ areas, the author should show how the subject fits with the theme of the Congress. Please consider the theoretical as well as practical in problem definition and preparation and response. The importance of individual country measures as well as local, national, regional, and international preparation and response is of the highest interest to professionals attending this â€œFifth World Congress on CBR Terrorismâ€. We must be able to distinguish between attacks from another state and a terrorist, between real and alleged terrorist attacks and between man and nature.
The following are the listed Baskets of Topic areas.
(Please note: The subject areas, as listed, are preliminary and will be adjusted or changed as warranted by your considerations and comments. We urge all prospective CBMTS participants to once again think outside of the box - and think the unthinkable.
1. Workshop: 4 April - Details will be forthcoming.
2. INDUSTRY VI: 5-10 April 2009
* Sector 1: WMD Nonproliferation
* Sector 2: Scientific and Technical Realities to include Radiological Aspects
* Sector 3: Special Interests and Commercial infrastructure security
* Sector 4: Hazard and Consequence Management and Communications
* Sector 5: CBRNE Terrorism; Tactics, Methods, Targets
* Sector 6: Emerging Threats to include the petrochemical and petroleum industries at all
levels from the pipeline and procurement through production and distribution.
* Sector 7: Exercise to include equipment, material and institutional displays. This Sector
is open to all sponsors.