Labour Underutilisation - Unemployment and Underemployment Conference (2009 CofFEE Conferen)
Venue: University of Newcastle
|Event Date/Time: Dec 03, 2009||End Date/Time: Dec 04, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Oct 31, 2009|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jul 13, 2009|
|Paper Submission Date: Sep 28, 2009|
Papers are particularly welcome in the following research and policy areas:
* What are the origins of the global financial crisis? Is the Australian government's response adequate? How could it be improved?
* Any research on unemployment - its dimensions, causes, cures.
* The increasing problem of underemployment and marginal workers.
* Why has work become more precarious? Is it a problem? What are the solutions?
* What is full employment? How is it defined and measured? How close are we to achieving full employment? What are the challenges that remain?
* How can the new Federal Government's social inclusion agenda be designed and implemented?
* Employment guarantees - why are several countries now turning to Job Guarantee-type policies to combat poverty and unemployment? What are the lessons for Australia?
* Why do disparities in regional labour markets persist? What is the extent of the problem and its solutions? Spatial patterns of work and housing.
* Long term, youth, disabled and indigenous unemployment.