The 4th Hot Rock Energy Conference (Hot Rock)
Venue: Grand Hyatt Melbourne
|Event Date/Time: Jun 04, 2009||End Date/Time: Jun 05, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: May 01, 2009|
The Hon Martin Ferguson, Federal Energy Minister
The Australian Journal of Mining is pleased to announce
The 4th Annual Hot Rock Energy Conference
to be held in Melbourne on the 4th & 5th June, 2009
Since our inaugural event in October 2004 - the first ever national gathering of the geothermal sector, we have been supplying this fast-growing industry with vital information on geo-scientific data, project updates, investment opportunities, technology challenges, international, national and state perspectives.
With prospective geothermal resources identified in every Australian state, the potential for this clean base-load energy in Australia is enormous. And a great contributor to the country energy mix.
The speaker faculty features:
* David Taylor, Geologist, Victoria Department of Primary Industries
* Dr Graeme Wheller, Exploration Manager, KUTh Energy Ltd
* Terry Teoh, Executive Manager, Development, Pacific Power
* Mark Miller, Managing Director, Greenearth Energy Ltd
* Mark Schneider, Specialised Funds and Investments, Investec Bank
* Scott Connel, Senior Manager Business Development, ElectraNet
* Dr Paul McShane, Chief Research Officer, Monash Sustainability Institute
* Eugene Fung, Partner â€“ Corporate, DLA Phillips Fox
* Colin Randall, Managing Director, Near Surface Geothermal Energy
* David Norris, A/Director, Petroleum and Royalties Division, Western Australia
* Dr Bertus de Graaf, Managing Director, Panax Geothermal Ltd
* Joe Reichman, Managing Director, Clean Energy Australasia Pty Ltd
* Stephen Biggins, Managing Director, Southern Gold Limited
The speaker faculty will deliver and up to date overview and assessment on the viability and potential for geothermal and hot rock energy market in Australia.
The programme will also cover the latest technological changes that are driving the HDR and how to capitalise on the commercial opportunities. Both days will offer updates on the latest projects in Australia and overseas.