The 20th World Congress of the International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncolo (The 20th World Congr)
|Event Date/Time: Oct 20, 2010||End Date/Time: Oct 24, 2010|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 01, 2010|
IASGOThe International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists and Oncologists (formerly the International Gastro-Surgical Club) was founded in 1988 as a humanitarian, non-profit organization with the intent of promoting scientific knowledge, awareness and expertise.
The spirit of the IASGO is that of multi-disciplinary cooperation in dealing with the diagnosis and management of GI diseases; the guiding philosophy is of â€˜medicine without frontiersâ€™ and our vision is one of â€˜health for allâ€™, irrespective of race, nationality, religion, gender, wealth and class.
To this end, the IASGO has achieved much to be proud of in its first twenty years. Our past and current activities are outlined below.
* The organization of annual international IASGO congresses
* The distribution of free journals to under-developed areas
* Athens International Postgraduate Course free registration and hotel accommodation to members from under-developed countries
* The initiation and running of locoregional immuno-chemotherapy clinical trials worldwide
* The creation of the International School of Surgical Oncology (ISSO)
* The creation of IASGO international postgraduate centers in China, Egypt, India, Korea, Romania, Taiwan, Thailand and The Philippines
* The creation and upkeep of the IASGO website
* The offering of Training Fellowships
IASGO Executive Committee
M. Makuuchi, Japan Secretary General
N.J. Lygidakis, Greece
D. Jaeck, France
Y. Zhao, China Treasurer
S.K. Sarin, India
N. Habib, UK
F. Memik, Turkey
N. Tozun, Turkey
A. Nakao, Japan
The IASGO deals with the diagnosis and management of GI diseases. It was founded in 1988 as a humanitarian, non profit organization in order to promote scientific knowledge and expertise all over the world. Our philosophy is â€œmedicine with out frontiersâ€ and our vision is â€œhealth for allâ€ irrespective of race, nationality, religion, gender, wealth and class. Some of our major activities in order to succeed in ours goal are:
* The organization of an annual international IASGO congress
* The offering of a reduced membership fee to members experiencing financial hardship
* The establishment of the International School of Surgical Oncology (ISSO) at Strasbourg University
* The distribution of free journals to underdeveloped countries
* Athens International Postgraduate Course free registration and hotel accommodation to members of underdeveloped countries.
Today, 18 years after its inception and through hard research, several congresses and training courses, the IASGO has become a worldwide organization consisting of world renowned surgeons, laparoscopists, oncologists, hepatologists and radiologists from 87 different countries with a proud membership of over 3000 members from all over the world.
IASGO members have the opportunity to enjoy a number of membership benefits which are listed below:
* Free subscription to Hepato-Gastroenterology, the official bi-monthly journal of the IASGO (8 issues)
* Reduced registration fee for participation in IASGO-organized international and national meetings
* Exclusive free password to the IASGO website, which includes on-line surgical videos, Hepato-Gastroenterology abstracts, reviews, protocols, calendar, etc
* Eligibility to participate in IASGO-organized postgraduate courses with reduced fees
* Eligibility to participate in the International School of Surgical Oncology (ISSO)
* Eligibility to quality for IASGO Training Fellowships and carry-on MD thesis
* Eligibility to participate in IASGO-sponsored multi-center clinical trials
More info: www.iasg.org