Laptop Encryption for Security and Compliance: Best Practices for Protecting Mobile Data in the Ente
|Event Date/Time: Mar 26, 2009||End Date/Time: Mar 26, 2009|
What are the standards for protecting data-at-rest and how do they apply? What are the available options for encryption and how do they rank? Where does the legislation intersect with the technology? What are the risks and challenges in deploying encryption across an enterprise? What else should you encrypt besides your laptops?
This interactive presentation will answer these questions and more from the viewpoint of industry analyst and security guru Rich Mogull. Rich will share his unbiased viewpoints and opinions about the endpoint encryption market, drivers and key requirements. Following Richâ€™s session, Garry McCracken of WinMagic will offer real-world insights, customer deployment scenarios and product information from an encryption software vendor that offers highly-certified government-grade encryption solutions.
- Why you really, really should encrypt your laptops (and what else you should encrypt).
- What to consider in choosing an encryption solution that is right for you.
- Which regulations are relevant and how they apply to encryption technology.
- How to approach enterprise deployment to ensure success and compliance.
- Where human error can put you at risk with encryption and how to avoid it.