Carbon Markets Mexico & Central America
|Event Date/Time: Jul 07, 2009||End Date/Time: Jul 08, 2009|
|Registration Date: Jul 07, 2009|
Carbon Markets Americas 2008
The inaugural Carbon Markets Mexico & Central America conference and exhibition will bring together key players from the region - with particular focus on Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama and the Caribbean â€“ with global industry experts.
This event is a new addition to the Carbon Markets Series which is now in its 5th year and has been attended by over 2000 sustainability professionals and will continue to provide an excellent platform for new project hosts to learn about the latest market developments and do business with CER buyers.
Globally, the carbon emissions market is booming, with the World Bank estimating its size at approximately $30 billion last year. Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean have already captured a piece of that market and many estimate that that piece could be much bigger in the future. The potential for carbon emission reduction projects is growing as the region's development causes emissions numbers to trend upward.
There are several dozen projects spread across the region that have been created by a range of entities including development banks, non-governmental organizations, and governments, as well as private companies looking to capitalize on the emerging carbon market or offset their own emissions. Often large project developers working in the region will bundle the credits together with other projects around the world.
Key Reasons to Attend
* Learn from practical case studies from project hosts
* Meet carbon credit buyers and sellers
* Simultaneous translation in Spanish and English
* Flexible pricing options for project hosts
Who Will You Meet?
* Industry Project Hosts
* Finance â€“ Buyers/National Funds/Utilities/Risk Management
* Carbon Consultants/Developers
* Equipment Manufacturers
* Carbon Brokers/Exchanges
* Consultants/Analysts/Research Institutes/Universities
* Alternative Energy Producers
* DNAs & CDM Promotion Offices
Topics to be covered include:
* Carbon Mitigation in Mexico & Central America
* New Market Developments & Policy Issues
* Project Priorities
* Carbon Trading
* Finance & Investment Opportunities
* Project Case Studies
* Voluntary Carbon Markets & Forestry
* Verification & Monitoring