The Fourth Built Environment Conference
Venue: Zambezi Sun
|Event Date/Time: May 17, 2009||End Date/Time: May 19, 2009|
Why Should You Attend
The main topics to be explored include:
* Sustainable construction
* Education and Professional Development
* Service delivery /Customer service
* Information Technology
* Legislation and Regulatory Framework
* Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
* Construction Industry Development
* International Construction
* Risk Management
Objectives of the Conference
* To provide a forum for multi-disciplinary Interaction between academics and practitioners
* To provide an internationally recognised, accredited conference for the built environment
* To disseminate innovative and cutting edge practices
* To contribute to the built environment body of knowledge(BEBOK)
Through this conference, we wish to find answers to the following :
* What changes would lead to improvements?
* How can informal technology contribute to improvement?
* What are the barriers to change?
* What economic levers can be used?
* How can informal construction sector and SMME problems be addressed?
* How can education, training, and professional development be improved?
* How can all industry participants be integrated?
* How can communication and management difficulties be addressed?
* How can diversity be promoted?
* How can the regulatory environment be more effective?