3rd International Conference on Informatics and Technology 2009 (Informatics 09) (Informatics '09)
Venue: Kuala Lumpur
|Event Date/Time: Oct 27, 2009||End Date/Time: Oct 28, 2009|
|Registration Date: Jun 30, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Jun 30, 2009|
|Abstract Submission Date: Jun 30, 2009|
|Paper Submission Date: Jun 30, 2009|
â€œ ICT Opportunities in Global Economy Recessionâ€
The Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology is pleased to announce the hosting of the 3rd International Conference on Informatics and Technology (Informatics '09). The conference will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from the 27th to 28th October 2009.
The current global economy crisis has engulfed the world since the end of 2008, creating high unemployment rate (finance), which in turn creates a spiral of problems, including high stress degree (health), high dropout rate (education), high mobility (environment), and high crime rate (security). Informatics â€™09, one of the regionâ€™s premier ICT events, jointly organized by University of Malaya and the Malaysian National Computer Confederation, looks at new opportunities for using informatics and technologies to solve these problems. This 3rd edition of Informatics â€™09 will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia between 27 and 28 October, 2009.
Topics include, but are not limited to :
* Hybrid computing â€“ combining open source and proprietary software to provide up-front economic advantages and increase productivity
* â€™Greenâ€™ ICT and management â€“ recycling and reusing ICT (including intangible assets such as software), and reducing wastage
* Cloud computing and networking â€“ sharing resources across a network and improving communication (for tele-health/consultation etc)
* Software engineering and programming â€“ providing design patterns for reusability, and improving usability
* Information system and database â€“ providing integration among different functional areas to ensure proper communication, productivity and efficiency (digital library, geographic information systems, enterprise resource planning, e-commerce, e-learning etc)
* Security and cryptography â€“ improving asset and access security
* Artificial intelligence and pattern matching â€“ detecting financial wellbeing and trends and evaluating rate of spread of crisis
3.0 GUIDELINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
Papers reporting original and unpublished research and development, and practice results pertaining to the above and related topics are solicited. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Selected papers will be invited for re-submission to special issues in the following journals:
* Journal of Information Systems Research and Practice
* Malaysian Journal of Computer Science
Papers should be no longer than 6 pages (using the Paper Format) and submitted at: http://informatics.fsktm.um.edu.my/ on or before the submission deadline of 30 June, 2009.
4.0 POSTGRADUATE CONSORTIUM
Student participants in the consortium will present their research to and discuss it with peers and a panel of established researchers. Submissions are invited from current postgraduate students and should consist of a two-page extended abstract (in the Paper Format), specifying: research problems, proposed solutions, proposed methodology and expected contributions.
Email inquiries related to abstract submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
5.0 IMPORTANT DATES
* 30 June, 2009 - Full Paper Submission deadline
* 14 August, 2009 - Notification of Paper Acceptance
* 1 September, 2009 - Camera-ready paper due
* 27 - 28 October, 2009 - Conference event