Cities for Mobility World Congress 2009
Venue: Stuttgart City Hall
|Event Date/Time: Jun 14, 2009||End Date/Time: Jun 16, 2009|
|Registration Date: May 30, 2009|
The event will take place in the city of Stuttgart from June 14 to 16, 2009. The main goal of the event is to provide a platform for the exchange of knowledge and best practices as well as to facilitate the initiation and development of innovative joint projects.
The World Congress 2009 is addressed to local governments (mayors, councilors, traffic experts) as well as representatives from private sector, research and civil society.
Six reasons why you should attend
* Meet over 300 decision-makers and experts in urban transport area from more than 30 countries in one place
* Enlarge your international profile and network of contacts and analyze innovative transport solutions applied in cities world-wide
* Present your own ideas and projects to a large international audience disseminating widely the achievements in your cities
* Share experiences and approaches in solving and managing problems in transport area with other network members
* Finding project partners: Participants have the opportunity to get in contact with potential project partners and to initiate innovative cooperation proposals
* Get inspired by the experiences of other partners for implementing them in your city
This yearâ€™s thematic focus will be laid on the social dimension of transport with special attention on the provision of mobility opportunities for motorized and non-motorized transport.
The Congress will have three main topics that will be deepened in three workshops:
* How to face the challenges of daily mobility in our cities
* How to introduce young people to non-motorized mobility
* How to provide mobility in an ageing society
Call for Posters
For the first time we will offer this year a new platform for the presentation of innovative ideas and projects.
The poster session will take place on June 15, in the congress area of the City Hall.
The congress attendance is free of charge. Online registration available from 20th April at www.cities-for-mobility.org