Measuring the Real Cost of Parking and Alternative Transportation Options
Event Date/Time: Jul 28, 2009
Institutions that are growing or are greening their campuses often face significant challenges with respect to parking. Before moving forward with new parking construction, replacing existing parking spaces, or implementing alternative transportation options, institutions must be able to quantify the true costs of parking. Having this data allows you to determine the right mix of transportation options for your campus and make a clear and compelling case to senior administrators.
Join us online for the Measuring the Real Cost of Parking and Alternative Transportation Options webcast to learn how to:
* Assess current parking demand and transportation behaviors and measure the impact of transportation demand management
* Determine future parking demand and costs of new parking
* Assess the most cost-effective mix of investments in parking, transit, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, housing
* Gather ideas for how to accommodate your campus' future growth and meet its unique goals
* Gather ideas for multiple sources of revenue to finance transportation programs
In advance of the presentation, attendees will receive an excel spreadsheet created specifically to calculate supply and demand and life cycle costs of parking. This hands-on activity offers an opportunity to apply an integrated assessment to the costs of transportation investments at your campus. You will get the most out of the web conference by having your parking and commuting cost data along with a laptop.