Utility Scale CSP--Breaking Barriers and Lowering Cost (0809-concentrated-so)
|Event Date/Time: Aug 25, 2009||End Date/Time: Aug 26, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 14, 2009|
CSP-Thermal has emerged as the least cost - Utility Scale - renewable technology ideally suited for these vast, sun-drenched spaces in the U.S. Southwest. Three attributes have boosted CSP-Thermal into the generation arena:
1. Its power profile is most closely related to valuable "baseload" (as opposed to intermittent) power
2. It is significantly less expensive than Utility Scale PV
3. it produces a superior power curve
PPA's have been signed across the US for an incredible 6 Gigawatts of CSP-Thermal. It has the potential of being the dominant renewable energy source in the southwestern region of the U.S.
This conference presents a complete lineup of "players" who are making CSP-Thermal happen:
* a utility with a plant under development
* a developer who is operating the only solar molten salt operation in the world
* the supplier of the salts to that facility
* the only company that has constructed a USCSP facility in the past 25 years
* the principal author in the study of barriers throughout the Southwestern U.S.
The conference also features several groundbreaking companies that are creating innovations on temperatures, materials, and storage, which promise to significantly decrease costs and drive further efficiencies.
This CSP-Thermal event is a "can't miss" source of information for anyone with a financial interest in developing renewable energy in the southwestern U.S. It builds upon the very successful EUCI winter conference on CSP, but adds even more layers of detail from several new and key presenters.