Successful TQM Implementation in Strategic Human Resource Management
|Event Date/Time: Jul 18, 2009||End Date/Time: Aug 18, 2009|
- What are the origins of TQM Concept?
* Demingâ€™s TQM Vs. Ishikawaâ€™s TQM
- What benefits do companies gain by adopting TQM concept?
* Highest Labor Productivity
* Lowest Operations Cost
* Maximum Market Share
- What do we mean by T; Q and M in TQM concept?
- What are TQM attainable Goals?
- What are TQM Processes needed to realize these goals?
- Do you know Japanese TQM implementation models?
* Three diamonds of MITSUBISHI
* Quality rings of TOYOTA
Module 2: Introduction to Strategic Human Resource Management:
- Human resources Vs physical resources
- Progression of the departments of human resources in relation to the emergence of TQM concept.
* Personnel management (PM)
* Human resource management (HRM)
* Strategic human resources management (SHRM)
- TQM models reducing HR costs
- TQM approaches improving SHRM functions
* Socio-technical Approach improving job analysis & design functions
* Cascade Approach improving HRP & recruitment functions
* Systems Analysis Approach improving testing, interviewing and selection functions
Module 3: Job Analysis & Job Design:
- What is job analysis?
* Job specification
* Job description
- Job components
- Job analysis techniques
* Motion â€“ Time experiments
* Work sampling interviews
* PA & MPD questionnaires
- Integrating Job analysis techniques
- Problems confronting Job analysis
- Designing jobs
- Processes of job design
- Basic models of Job design
* FORDISM model
* TOYOTISM model
* Socio-technical approach
* Task assignment technique
- Factors affecting job design
Module 4: Human Resource Planning & Recruitment:
- HRP formula
* HR needs = HR requirement â€“ HR demand
- HRP processes
* Cascade approach
* Labor productivity technique
-What does recruiting mean?
-What is the relationship among recruiting employees, job analysis and HRP?
-Which is more relevant, recruiting from internal or external sources?
- Methods of recruitment
Module 5: Testing, Interviewing and Selecting Candidates:
- Application form
* Weighted application
* Applicant flow record
- Preliminary interview
- Formal tests
* Mental skills tests
* Physical skills tests
* Knowledge tests
* Proficiency tests
- Follow-up interview
- Reference checking
- Physical examinations
- Final notification
* Systems analysis (SA) approach
* Critical path models (CPM)
Module 6: Training & Developing Employees:
- Orienting employees
- Training process
-The five-steps training and development process
- Analyzing training needs
- Training methods
-What is management development?
-Managing organization change and development
- Evaluating the training effort
Module 7: Performance Management & Appraisal:
- Basic concepts in performance appraisal and performance management
- Comparing performance appraisal and performance management
- Why performance management?
- Supervisorâ€™s role
- Steps in appraisal performance
- Mixing the methods
- Appraisal performance problems and solutions
- Appraisal interview
- Appraisal in practices
- Creating total performance management process
Module 8: Establishing Strategic Pay Plan:
- Determining pay rates
- Corporate policies and competitive strategy
- Equity and its impact on pay rates
- Competency based pay
- What is competency based pay?