Event Date/Time: Sep 10, 2009
End Date/Time: Sep 11, 2009
At the 2nd Lean Sigma & Kaizen for Pharma R&D event, over 30 different pharmaceutical companies in attendance discussed being confronted with increasing development time and costs for new drug development, and a decreasing probability of technical success. They all agreed that the rate of new drug approvals is not keeping pace with the rising cost of R&D spending, and investment into innovation is becoming very risky.
Incorporating process improvement methodology â€“ Lean & Six Sigma â€“ was a solution that has proven to provide significant financial benefits and reductions to development cycle times. Increased drug candidate quality, meeting patient recruitment goals and decreasing outsourcing budgets are just a few of the results that continuous improvement has driven. R&D and innovation do provide a different set of challenges then the traditional application to manufacturing, but process improvement efforts are still a fit for R&D.
I urge you to join us this September and continue the discussion. Hear presentations from senior-level executives sharing applications of process improvement tools across the life sciences R&D and clinical spectrums. Find out why Six Sigma belts are required for some pharma executives and reap the financial benefits that process improvement is providing.
I look forward to seeing you in Paris.
This Summit is specifically designed for C-Levels, Department Heads, Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers at pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies from the following departments:
* Clinical/R&D Operations, Research
* Clinical Quality Assurance/Control
* Clinical Outsourcing -- Planning and Vendor Management
* Strategic Business Development/Operations
* Project/Study Management/Project Planning
* Clinical Trial Capacity Planning/Management
* Clinical Trial Process Improvement/Enhancement
* Process Excellence
* Clinical Compliance
* Clinical Safety
* Metrics and Benchmarking Development
* Performance Management
* Global Strategic Operations
* Data Management
* Business Development/Operations
* Strategic Development
This conference is also of interest to:
* Clinical Research Organizations
* Business Process Consultants
* Quality Improvement and Statistics
* Software Providers
* Academic Clinical Research Institutes
* Six Sigma Project Management Providers