SBB Steel Markets Middle East 2009 (SMME09)
Venue: Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai
|Event Date/Time: Sep 29, 2009||End Date/Time: Sep 30, 2009|
|Registration Date: Sep 28, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 10, 2009|
Regional steel demand was and will be driven by its construction and infrastructure needs. Oil and gas production may be stagnant at present, but steel demand in Egypt, Iran, Iraq and Algeria continues to grow. Speakers at the SBB conference will highlight how local producers and imports into these and other countries will continue to supply the region. Panel sessions will focus on price developments.
The main themes for the conference are:
- Key infrastructure projects in the region
- Growing steel market protectionism â€“ "Imports battle for market share"
- Finance for new steel projects
- Steel consumption growth â€“ housing construction, vehicles, air-conditioning, pipes
- Iraq reconstruction
- Regional steel price developments
Register today! Save US$300 with the Early Bird Rate