Platts 3rd Annual European Refining Markets: Demand, Supply & Margin Dynamics
Venue: Marriott Brussels
|Event Date/Time: Sep 14, 2009||End Date/Time: Sep 15, 2009|
|Registration Date: Sep 14, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Jul 31, 2009|
The speed and intensity of the oil price collapse have posed particular challenges for European refiners, which have had to adapt their businesses to a low demand, low price environment at a time when climate change legislation is leading to more stringent product specifications and, as a consequence, increasing costs.
Supply of both crude and products may be plentiful now when prices and demand are low but, amid warnings from leading forecasters such as the International Energy Agency of tightening supply over the next few years as the world recovers from recession, refiners must also prepare to make sweeping adjustments in the future so as to maintain their competitiveness.
Platts 3rd Annual European Refining Markets conference will bring together Europeâ€™s refining community and other interested parties to discuss the changing structure of the continentâ€™s refining sector and devise strategies aimed at increasing refinery responsiveness to change, mitigating risk and channeling investment where it is needed.
Issues to be explored:
* The outlook for refined products â€” Demand and supply in the economic downturn. How can European refiners remain competitive in a low demand economy?
* Global refining market dynamics and their impact on European refining operations
* The sustainability challenge â€” Carbon, cost and consequences
* Competitiveness of European refining in the context of European Union energy and climate change policy
* Product shifts â€” Review and outlook for refined products 2009â€“10
* Responsiveness, risk mitigation and investment outlook
* The balance between diesel demand and supply and its impact on European refinery operations and margins