nternational Darwin Conference
Venue: Norcroft Centre, Bradford
|Event Date/Time: Sep 24, 2009||End Date/Time: Sep 26, 2009|
|Registration Date: Sep 10, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Jul 31, 2009|
The purpose of this conference is to bring together researchers in the natural science, the social sciences and the humanities and to provide a forum for the investigation of different aspects of Darwin's thought.
The occasion for this conference is the 150th anniversary of the publication of the Origin of Species on November 24, 1859 and the bicentenary of his birth (February 12, 1809)
Contributions will emphasise the following aspects:
- Darwinism in Approaches to the Mind
- Darwinism in the Social Sciences
- Darwinism in the Life Sciences
- Reception of Darwinism
- Â£85 early booking fee (before 31 July 2009) / Â£120 full fee ( 31 July 2009 or after). Fee includes attendance at the conference, light refreshments, lunches on all three days, conference dinner on Thursday 24 and the Ilkley walk on Saturday 26 September.
- Â£70 concession fee for University of Bradford alumni. Includes as above.
- Free conference entrance for University of Bradford staff and students. Does not include the conference dinner on Thursday 24 September, which may be booked separately