5th Energy and Environment Project Financing and Networking Event
|Event Date/Time: Sep 21, 2009||End Date/Time: Sep 22, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 24, 2009|
Day 1 â€“ Comprehensive overview of current and upcoming project financing schemes and best practices in Europe: how to secure optimal financing for your renewable energy project?
* Context overview â€“ current challenges and what is expected in 2010
* Venture capital and private equity in RES financing. Case studies, examples - The Global Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Fund (GEREEF) and the European Investment Fund - new possibilities to finance renewable and energy efficiency
* EU ETS Phase II and III and Carbon Finance â€“ how can SMEs affiliate with carbon schemes to finance renewable projects, Structural Funds for Renewable Energy 2010-13 and the new 2009 European Economic Recovery Plan â€“ financing renewable energy and energy efficiency initiatives
* Intelligent Energy Europe â€“ direct support for RES/RUE demonstration actions
* 7th Framework programme â€“ EC funding for research and demonstration for renewable energy, transport and energy efficiency
* Whatâ€™s in the pipeline: upcoming new European and global RES financing for 2010 and beyond
By the end of Day 1 participants will have an unmatched overview of the entire spectrum of renewable financing from venture capital through carbon schemes to research and technological development
Day 2 - Project financing workshop and consultation
* Practical assistance for selecting the best funding mechanisms for a given project concept.
* Case studies, partner brokerage and exhibition
* Panel evaluation of project concepts: participants may present their project ideas to a panel of experts. The Panel will evaluate and formulate recommendations. The panel will consist of representatives of the European Investment Bank and the World Bank together with European programme managers, representatives of venture capital organisations, coordinators and project managers of successful RES schemes and senior senior consultants from fund raising companies.
By the end of Day 2 participants will have a thorough understanding of the actual processes that facilitate the various schemes from project concept formulation through the evaluation of proposals to the implementation of projects.