1st Annual Southern African Banking Conference
|Event Date/Time: Sep 14, 2009||End Date/Time: Sep 15, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 14, 2009|
Other specific objectives of the conference are to: gain a comprehensive overview on the current and future banking regulatory framework; share best practices in payment and clearing systems in the region; share ideas and network with industry leaders and experts; access information on the latest trends, technologies and strategies; discuss ways of leveraging on current technologies, customers, and talents; debate key issues in the financial services industry; meet â€œface-to-faceâ€ with potential customers; identify products and services that will become the profit-generators for banks; benchmark with the best in the industry; and identify challenges and opportunities that may be presented by SADC regional integration.
The conference will be characterized by expert presentations, panel discussions, and networking sessions. Four subthemes have been identified for the conference and these are:
- Subtheme 1: Understanding the Industry, Competitive, Political, Regulatory and Economic Environment
- Sub theme 2: Focusing on the Banks: Rebuilding Confidence
- Subtheme 3: The Future of Banking
- Subtheme 4: The Importance of Regional Integration
Examples of the topics (N.B. the list is not comprehensive) to be presented and debated across the different subthemes include;
- Best practices in clearing and payment systems
- The case for and against increased regulation
- Utilizing technology to increase competitiveness
- Making better decisions across the value chain (acquisition, portfolio management, collections)
- How can regional integration best be used to aid in the economic crisis?
- Are there any proven Innovative Business Model/strategies and solutions for future
Invitations have been extended to relevant government officials in charge of the banking and the financial services industry. The conference will also be attended by Representatives from Banks and other Financial Services Institutions involved in Retail Banking, Consumer Banking and Finance, Corporate Banking, Investment Banking/Merchant Banking, Mortgaging, Insurance, Risk and Compliance, Wealth Management, Trade Management, Cash Management, Treasury Management, Factoring and Trade Financing. Also Consultants, Service Providers, Solution Providers, and Vendors involved in Product Development, Strategy Design and Implementation, Business Development, Customer Service, Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Call / Contact Centre, Advertising and Communications, Information Communication Technology (IT), Management/ Business Consultancy, and Policy Formulations have been invited.