EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) for Addiction Treatment (EFTAD1109)
Venue: To be confirmed
|Event Date/Time: Nov 14, 2009||End Date/Time: Nov 15, 2009|
|Registration Date: Nov 12, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 14, 2009|
Dates: Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th November 2009
Times: 10am - 5pm both days
Course fee: Â£225 for two days ("early bird" fee Â£185 if booking with deposit paid at least one month in advance). Concessions may be available for those on low income volunteering for addiction treatment organisations.
For full details or to book visit the website www.eft4addictions.co.uk
Courses follow the guidelines by the Association for Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques (AAMET), the lead body for EFT in the UK, include additional addiction-specific material and are mapped to DANOS.
Included in the workshop:
* Comprehensive manual/handouts
* Post-training support by phone or email
* Information on further progression
* Light refreshments both days (not lunch)
Day 1 - Introduction to EFT
* Brief History of EFT.
* How does it work â€“ energy model and biomedical model.
* Comparisons with conventional treatments.
* Location of EFT acupressure points.
* EFT Basic Procedure and shortcuts.
* A.B.C. of EFT (Awareness â€“ Balancing â€“ Clearing).
* Psychological Reversal.
* How to teach clients to use EFT for self-help.
* Applications of EFT for fear/anxiety, troublesome memories, addictive cravings.
* How to deal with intense emotion.
* The importance of being specific.
* Identifying Aspects.
* â€œBorrowing Benefitsâ€ with EFT.
* How to introduce EFT to individuals and groups.
* Personal Peace Procedure.
Day 2 - EFT for Addictions
* Prochaska & Di Clemente's Cycle of Change.
* Addictions "Pie".
* EFT for addictive cravings.
* EFT for withdrawal symptoms.
* EFT for stress/emotional management.
* EFT for dysfunctional/negative thinking.
* EFT for triggers/risk situations.
* EFT for relapse prevention.
* Combining EFT with CBT, 12-step and other approaches.