The Energy Forum
Venue: The Waldorf Hilton
|Event Date/Time: Oct 12, 2009||End Date/Time: Oct 13, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Aug 14, 2009|
ENERGY GENERATION: SECURITY, SUSTAINABILITY AND INVESTMENT
The energy sector is facing the triple challenge of an impending energy gap, a critical need to reduce carbon emissions and the credit crunch. At this worrying time, it is imperative that the Government, the regulator and energy companies work together to find achievable solutions to these pressing issues.
Day One of the Energy Forum will bring together senior figures from across the industry to exchange strategic insight in this stimulating and interactive forum.
Speakers already confirmed include:
* Sir Michael Pitt, Chairman, Infrastructure Planning Commission
* Jonathan Brearley, Director, Office of Climate Change and Director of Strategy, DECC
* RamÃ³n FernÃ¡ndez, Finance Director, ScottishPower
* Nick Winser, Executive Director - Transmission, National Grid
* Steve Smith, Managing Director - Networks, Ofgem
ENERGY SUPPLY: PROFITABILITY, EFFICIENCY AND AFFORDABILITY
Volatility in wholesale prices and the economic downturn mean that it is increasingly challenging for energy supply companies to ensure ongoing profitability. As competition in the supply market intensifies, companies must ensure strong customer focus. Now is the time to embrace technology to ensure excellent service whilst driving energy efficiency measures and working to combat fuel poverty.
An outstanding array of speakers will discuss these hot topics and more during the second day of the Energy Forum, offering delegates the chance to listen, learn and network with peers.
Day Two speakers include:
* Martin Lawrence, Managing Director - Energy Sourcing and Customer Supply, EDF Energy
* Jim MacDonald, Commercial Director of Retail, E.ON U.K
* Anita Longley, Head of Corporate Responsibility, RWE npower
* Matthew Harwood, Director of Strategic Market Development, ScottishPower
* Andrew Wright, Managing Director - Markets, Ofgem