Green and energy efficient buildings: preparing for the challenges of Copenhagen
|Event Date/Time: Dec 02, 2009||End Date/Time: Dec 02, 2009|
The built environment is responsible for a third of global emissions and this event will provide delegates with an opportunity to prepare for the challenges of Copenhagen, to pre-empt discussion and gain knowledge on state-of-the-art technologies and research advances across Europe and the UK.
Critically, it will also provide a valuable forum for individuals from different disciplines to explore opportunities for new collaborative projects. The application of their unique knowledge could make a real difference to the potential of green and energy efficient building techniques and technologies and ultimately the climate and future of our planet.
Topics of discussion will include:
- integrating control and automation systems for the most efficient use of resources
- regulation/legislation updates and meeting building regulations for energy efficiency
-integrating renewable and traditional energy within a heating system
- installing and maintaining domestic and commercial water recycling systems and solar and wind power generation
- determining the return on an initial installation investment
- reducing the carbon footprint of building construction