Meeting the Challenges of FERPA in Advancement
|Event Date/Time: Dec 01, 2009||End Date/Time: Dec 01, 2009|
* Are members of your shop staff "school officials" for FERPA purposes?
* Can your parents fund staff access parental information for current students?
* Can you ask for an alum's social security number to confirm an identity?
* Can you include a former student in an alumni listing?
* What can you share about a student-child with an alum-parent?
The wrong answer to any of these questions can open your institution up to civil liability, intense negative publicity, and possible exclusion from federal aid programs. With FERPA recently amended, now is the time to redouble your efforts to ensure your shop meets all its requirements under the act.
Join us online for the Meeting the Challenges of FERPA in Advancement webcast to understand and meet your shop's obligations. This program will cover:
* A brief overview of how FERPA impacts the use of student information
* Which general shop information is covered under FERPA regulations
* How to analyze if a particular piece of shop information is covered or exempt
* How the revised regulations have changed your shop's obligations
* Case studies for particularly troubling yet common information
* How the FERPA requirements fit into your greater regulatory obligations