2009 International Symposium on Defense General-purpose Materials Acquisition (ISDGMA2009)
Event Date/Time: Oct 15, 2009
End Date/Time: Oct 16, 2009
Sep 05, 2009
Early Registration Date:
Aug 30, 2009
Abstract Submission Date:
Sep 05, 2009
The 2006 International Symposium on Defense General-purpose Materials Acquisition & Procurement (ISDGMAâ€™2006) was hold in Wuhan, Hubei province, China On October 14-15, 2006, by the Defense Economics Academy. The symposium has been authorized by the General Staff Department and the General Logistics Department of the PLA. About 80 famous scholars and officeholders from 8 countries, including the Nobel Prize winner Prof. Robert A. Mundell and the vice minister of the Quartermaster, material & Oil Department of PLA Gen. Zhou Linhe, attended the symposium.
Now, the ISDGMAâ€™2009 aims to provide an international forum for leading academics, researchers and practitioners to discuss and exchange ideas on the latest development and to seek opportunities for collaboration among the participants as well as to promote excellence in the field for meeting financial crisis, multiform threats, and international humanitarianism assistance.
Main Theme of ISDGMA2009 is that:
Defense General-purpose Materials Acquisition Innovation and Logistics System Architecture.
The symposium may include but not limit the following topics of interest:
1.Defense General-purpose Materials Acquisition System Initiatives;
2.Defense General-purpose Materials Acquisition Operation & Management;
3.Defense Acquisition Core Competency Architecture;
4.Civil-Military Integrated Logistics;
5.Integration and Optimization of Defense Acquisition Supply Chain;
6.Contingency Procurement & Logistics System; and
7.International Procurement & Logistics Cooperation.
All participants from different countries are selected to present their papers at the symposium. You may take a keynote speech or session speech according to your register information and the accepted information by the Commission. English is the formal working language of the symposium. Participants will be informed of the oral presentation schedule and the timetable upon their arrival. The manuscript (full paper) should be written in English and submitted to us on or before September 30 2009. The appended registration form of the symposium (you can download it form www.isdgma2009.org ) should also be filled and sent to the Secretariat on or before September 5 2009 via fax-mail or e-mail.
Telephone: 0086-27-834 48394
1. Location of the Symposium The main location of the symposium is in the Military Economy Academy, which is subordinated to the General Logistics Department of the PLA of China.
2. Accommodation International participants of the symposium will stay at Wuhan Asia Hotel (a 4-star hotel). Address: No. 616 Jiefang Avenue, District Qiaokou, Wuhan, Hubei Province, China Tel: 0086-27-83807777 Faxï¼š0086-27-83808080 Websiteï¼šhttp://www.whasiahotel.com
3. Registration The registration service would be taken place in the lobby of Wuhan Asia Hotel on October 14 2009. We hope all the participants arrive in Wuhan on October 14.
4. Traffic & Accommodation The host will provide the participants with traffic and accommodation during the conference. No registration fee is charged. The Secretariat will provide reception service at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport.
5. Climate and Clothing The average temperature of Wuhan in mid October is 15-25 degrees centigrade, with an average monthly rainfall of 150mm, an average wind speed of 2.1meters per second, and a relative humidity of 75 percent. If not especially required, military participants are expected to wear uniform on formal occasions at the symposium while civilian participants in proper suits.
6. Currency Exchange The circulative currency of the Peopleâ€™s Republic of China is Â¥RMB. Foreign currencies can be freely exchanged at airports, hotels and banks. Master Cards and VISA Cards can be used in hotels and department stores.