Avoid U.S. Customs ISF Penalties with Compliance-Trek! (Avoid U.S. Customs I)
Venue: Huntington beach
|Event Date/Time: Sep 02, 2009||End Date/Time: Sep 03, 2009|
|Early Registration Date: Sep 07, 2009|
On July 17, 2009, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) published in its CBP Bulletin mitigation guidelines for the Importer Security Filing ISF 10+2 program. According to the guidelines, there are potentially three situations for which liquidated damages may be issued:
- Inaccurate submission of an ISF: CBP will issue a liquidated damages case in the amount of $5,000.
- Late submission of an ISF: CBP will issue a liquidated damages case in the amount of $5,000.
- Failure to withdraw an ISF: CBP will issue a liquidated damages case in the amount of $5,000.
No liquidated damages will be assessed for the failure to file an ISF if no bond is in place. CBP will withhold the release or transfer of goods for which no ISF has been filed until all ISF information is received. CBP will also reserve the right to limit the permit to unlade goods for which no ISF has been filed and, if unladen, those goods may be subject to seizure.
In addition, a list of mitigating and aggravating factors has been published in the guidelines. Mitigating factors include:
- Evidence of progress in implementing ISF compliance during the phase-in period.
- A small number of violations compared to the number of ISFs.
- C-TPAT Tier 3 and Tier 2 importers will receive consideration of up to 50% mitigation for violations.
- The importer has demonstrated that remedial actions have been taken to address the circumstances surrounding the violation.
- Late ISF filings due to circumstances beyond the importer's control.
- Receiving incorrect information from another party or supply chain, if this information is found to be incorrect at a date later than allowed under the correction timeline.
Aggravating factors include:
- Lack of cooperation with CBP.
- Smuggling attempts and other actions contrary to law in association with the shipment.
- Multiple errors on one ISF.
- A rising error rate calculated over all ISFs.
The mitigation guidelines become effective July 17, 2009.
Freightgateâ€™s Compliance-Trek! simplifies compliance with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection 10+2 Importer Security Filing ISF requirements. Re-usable templates eliminate redundant data entry by storing parties, items, HTSUS numbers and all other pertinent information. At the click of a button, the required data elements are transmitted directly to U.S. Customs and Border Protection CBP.
Compliance-Trek! exclusive features makes secured information available to the people who need to know in real time with integrated RDV (Role Dependent View) technology. Compliance-Trek! is a stand-alone SaaS module of Freightgate's innovative PLTX platform which is easy to integrated into ERPs and other systems. Compliance-Trek! allows importers to file information from any worldwide location providing end-to-end supply chain visibility and close collaboration with suppliers, forwarders, customs brokers and ocean vessel carriers avoiding penalties and shipment delays.
Test-Drive Compliance-Trek! today. Contact Freightgate on the web at www.freightgate.com , email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (714) 799-2833.
Based in Huntington Beach, California, the Freightgate team has been developing Internet solutions for the freight and logistics since 1994, such as its industry-leading PLTX(tm) Platform, with I-Trek!(R) Internet Supply Chain Collaboration & Visibility; GTM-Trek!(tm) for RFQ and tender management; Tariff-Trek!(tm) for service contract and quote management; FMC-Trek!(tm) for fulfilling FMC publishing requirements; Pay-Trek!(tm) for automated freight bill audit and payment; WISA(tm) innovative What-If-Scenario Analysis tool; I-Sail!(tm) interactive online sailing schedule; Compliance-Trek!(tm) for compliance management with FMC and U.S. Customs. Freightgate's customer portfolio contains companies such as Alliance International, APL Logistics, CaroTrans, GeoLogistics (now Agility), Menlo Worldwide Logistics, Nippon Express, Panalpina, Primary Freight, Top Ocean, Dow Corning, Recylum, Screlec and Tembec. Freightgate is ISO 9001:2000 certified.
Mr. Martin Hubert - President
15061 Springdale St, Ste 111
Huntington Beach, Ca 92649
Phone: (714) 799-2833