Leveraging the power of Social Media Promote Your Product, Your Business or Yourself
Venue: HP - Oakroom Auditorium
|Event Date/Time: Aug 20, 2009|
How can you leverage social media to your advantage?
If you are a product manager or an engineer, you might want to learn how you can use the power of real time customer feedback and incorporate into your product development proactively.
If you are an entrepreneur, you can promote your company to a variety of audiences much more effectively.
And as an individual, you can use these media to make a brand for yourself and become a valuable player.
What does it REALLY take to leverage the power of social media?
When it comes to social media, people have variety of stands. The common ones are
1. Ignore - Don't care about social media or don't know enough about them.
2. Watch - Just stand on the sidelines and see the magic unfolding
3. Dabble - They are excited enough to setup a profile here, post a message there and occasionally be 'socialâ€™ with others.
4. Play - They are involved in it seriously but not all of them are getting the right returns on their investments.
5. Leverage - They are not only players but they are making this a core part of their business and personal lives. They can't live without it and more importantly, they know how to get the right return on their investments in social media
Whether you are an entrepreneur, business owner, employee or a consultant, you can leverage the social media to your advantage. Companies and individuals all over the world are already doing it. It's your turn now.
We have assembled a fantastic panel of experts who are actually in the process of leveraging social media and social media for personal and business purposes. Please don't ignore this key trend. Don't even watch or dabble - come and play with us on on August 20th and go back with tools to start leveraging the social media.
Moderator : Edith Yeung, Keynote Speaker, Host of CBS 5 Startup Profile and Founder of BizTechDay
Himanshu Jhamb â€“ Founder, Active Garage
Megan Casey, Editor in Chief, Squidoo
Gary Swart, CEO of oDesk