Academic Librarian 2: Singing in the Rain Conference (ALSR 2010)
|Event Date/Time: Mar 11, 2010||End Date/Time: Mar 12, 2010|
|Early Registration Date: Jan 08, 2010|
|Abstract Submission Date: Oct 16, 2009|
|Paper Submission Date: Feb 01, 2010|
In this, the second "Academic Librarian" conference in Hong Kong, is intended that speakers should focus on the skills and positioning of the Academic Librarian, the impact of the library, its organizational patterns and the value delivered to its owners and clients.
Theme 1 - Librarians of Tomorrow
- our roles, values, positioning and relevancy in the future information environment
- professional competencies and skills for the future
- professional education and continuous career development.
Theme 2 - Quality Enhancement
- return-on-investment, contribution of the library to students, faculty and the university
- evidence based impact analysis and performance measurement
- benchmarking and best practices among ourselves.
Theme 3 - Collaboration & Networking
- local, regional and global collaborative efforts amidst the global financial crisis
- consortia-vendor dynamics
- love-hate relationship with other stakeholders, e.g. Google and other cyber information providers.
Theme 4 - New Tools & Culture
- Web 2.0, Library 2.0 and innovative tools for knowledge discovery and information literacy
- new channels and attitude for service delivery, library advocacy and branding
- new organizational culture/structure to foster library transformation.
In short, all four Conference themes will lead us towards a redefinition of the highly effective academic librarian.